Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Do you have any legit proof of this? Articles, reports? Cause I think this is a very false statement about our guys. Y’all will just throw anything into the atmosphere
Nah I don't think so. I've seen way too many cores on other teams do things differently than our core, eventually you just see things for what they are.

It's Muskoka 5 2.0, no use staying in denial about it.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I know a lot of people think it doesn't matter, but I think every team needs a guy who has cup winning experience. I don't mean some depth scrub like Clifford either.

I still remember watching too much pandemic hockey and thinking Sam Bennett and Corey Perry would be good gets. Perry went to the finals in 2020, scored some big playoff goals, moved back to London, ON, got a feature in Architectural Digest and wanted to be a Leaf. So of course we get Joe Thornton, Wayne Simmonds and Jimmy Vesey.

Oilers also had Duncan Keith moonlight for them and have access to an alumni that hasn't fossilized, plus a GM that presided over Shanahan's cup winners vs what went on over here.

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
f*** it... I'm cheering for EDM.

I've always been indifferent toward FLA and still am. I'd have rather the Cup go to a Canadian team than see yet another non-traditional hockey market win it before TOR. Besides, the drama that will ensue if a Canadian team wins the Cup will be off-the-charts. I want to see some excitement on this forum.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Nah I don't think so. I've seen way too many cores on other teams do things differently than our core, eventually you just see things for what they are.

Okay so you just made some random shit up and posted it on a forum, that’s pretty wack.

The past 2/3 summers there’s been videos of our guys training throughout the summer, Auston had the guys in Arizona working and also McDavid spends a portion of his summer working with both Matthews and Marner. These guys are professional and elite, they are all skating throughout the summer. Yes they are a step behind in performance in the playoffs compared to their peers but there’s no evidence they’ve ever been out of shape or have not been skating/working out throughout the summer.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Maybe it's the Yorkville 5.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Skinner actually stole a game?!? Didn't think he had it in him. Seemed like the Oilers skaters had no legs tonight, but they found a way :thumbd:

And lol Dallas. 2-0 lead in game 4 and then couldn't score to save their lives for the rest of the series. Special teams were the difference, including allowing a shorty for the GWG in game 4

Reactions: PromisedLand

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Special teams have been so key .. when the Oilers can score at will in their power play, it feeds so much confidence into the rest of their game

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Whether there's proof or not, sometimes you just gotta let people vent. This is one of those times.

Nah, Sorry, I’ll call out bs when I see it. I’d expect others to do the same to me if I just make up something fabricated. Like it’s not even a good lie, McDavid skates with our guys in the summer hahaha, so what is IPS even on about, at least come up with a good believable lie

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I’d like to think Matthews is watching this and is feeling motivated seeing his buddy making the Finals. More likely though he’s sipping a cocktail on a beach somewhere.
I mean it’s been years of this

Nylander watched Pastrnak in 2019

Matthews watched Tkachuk in 2023 and 2024. I think I remember seeing an interview of those two together in like 2016 where they said they hung out sometimes

These guys don’t really care about their peers enough

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Nah, Sorry, I’ll call out bs when I see it. I’d expect others to do the same to me if I just make up something fabricated. Like it’s not even a good lie, McDavid skates with our guys in the summer hahaha, so what is IPS even on about, at least come up with a good believable lie
See what Bundy does this offseason.. we are fatally flawed in roster construction, and I don't think we have the room to fix it this year, but it can move in right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad