Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Boston now has some money to play with, so I expect they will improve this off-season.

they got 20 million odd in cap space with a bout 7 to 8 players to fill to get to 23 man roster

Swayman will get his money unless he takes less. If they trade Ullmark then they will have 25 million in cap space and thats a different story

Not even close for me

The year montreal went to the finals was it for me. NHL paved an easy way for us to go the finals. Yet here we are

I don't mind Florida. They are good for the game. They'll force other teams to toughen up, bring back some old school hockey

Having CN tower in montreal colors was the straw that broke the camel's back for me after losing to zamboni driver and being a complete JOKE against CBJ

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
It was 2013/2014 season that I went to games. But ya all leafs lol got my introduction to Primanti bros in fort Lauderdale!
I lived in Florida from 2005 to 2010. My first account on this site was created at that time because I moved to FL for grad school and I had no one to talk hockey with, and I had already been lurking this place since 2003 (I'm old.)

It was such a culture shock. I remember once going out with my then gf and now wife at 2:30 am on Black Friday...and it was 87 freaking degrees F. Of course, since Florida doesn't know the meaning of dry heat, it was a wet blanket.

Reactions: Metroid

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
they got 20 million odd in cap space with a bout 7 to 8 players to fill to get to 23 man roster

Swayman will get his money unless he takes less. If they trade Ullmark then they will have 25 million in cap space and thats a different story

Having CN tower in montreal colors was the straw that broke the camel's back for me after losing to zamboni driver and being a complete JOKE against CBJ

I freaking forgot about that, what a colassally cuck thing to do. Jesus Christ.

big knockers flashed them and was jumping up/down for a couple seconds LOL. Obviously can't post on HF
I will need to look this up

For research

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Did you ever go to Leafs games in Sunrise from 2005 to like 2010? If so, you were probably in the same arena as me at least once.

Every time I went back in the day it was a sea of blue. There are a lot of Canadians down there, especially from Quebec. It is also a literal flood of folks from the State of NY, and that is where I was born and raised.

Bro as a new yorker how did you end up being a Leafs fan :laugh:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
That is it in a nutshell! This core should be the ones leading the way, standing up for themselves instead of needing someone else to do it for them, putting the team on their backs when the going gets tough!

Some people don't work very hard when money comes so easy. Dubas coddled them, wrecked their impressionable development when they were young, and wrecked this team.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

Ullmark can potentially block a trade with a modified NTC, but I would be surprised if Boston doesn't find a way to move him.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I moved when I was 8, and my new friend in my new town was a Habs fan. So I picked the Leafs to piss him off.

I think it's safe to say he had the last laugh because I ended up learning that hockey is the best sport on the planet and this was the f***ing team I chose.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He loves to troll the Leafs

It's easy for outsiders to be gracious and complimentary of the Leafs talent and potential. On the face of it, it's obvious and immense and they are a great collection of talented individuals. But they're also so dysfunctional, immature and country club that they're not likely to ever put it together... so there's no harm in patting them on the head, respecting them in the handshake line...

I don't think people are so complimentary about true rivals and teams they are actually worried about.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Reactions: PromisedLand

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I don't agree...you have to have a great team to go on a run...scoring when it matters, great special teams, great defense and goaltending...it's not some random event where it's one team's turn this year just because...
These guys are just trolling Leafs fans. It is clear our turn is not close unless Tre pulls a rabbit out of his ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Superstar

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Hope the oilers close the series tonight. Skinner has not been great but their D is surprisingly good, or at least their top pair is.

Reactions: bax

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Michigan Leafs fan here. I blame Wendel Clark, late 80s HNIC, which was totally awesome, my dad and my brother and Red Wings fans in general. I hate the Red Wings like y'all hate Montreal. I think this is why it's so easy for me to root for Edmonton. I have no Edmonton friends to hate on. None at all. It's time to bring the trophy back to a real hockey city. Screw Bettman.

That said, I do like Florida. It will be a lame parade if they win. Like in Tampa where the streets are empty 2 hours later, but that team is pretty boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad