Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
I didn't watch any of tonight's game.
Watched others and "what took you so long?"

Rangers really are stacked from the goaltender right down to the goaltender.
Adam Fox is amazing when healthy. Laf is a legit Top 6 winger now and he came to play.

Trouba is an abomination yet they play him a ton because LeAdErShIp or something. They aren't a fast team in general and they guys they do have that are physical are usually slow. Panarin is very Leafs in the playoffs. He is much more afraid to create when compared to the regular season.

Shesterkin is brilliant. None of this is on him.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Adam Fox is amazing when healthy. Laf is a legit Top 6 winger now and he came to play.

Trouba is an abomination yet they play him a ton because LeAdErShIp or something. They aren't a fast team in general and they guys they do have that are physical are usually slow. Panarin is very Leafs in the playoffs. He is much more afraid to create when compared to the regular season.

Shesterkin is brilliant. None of this is on him.

You see, great teams don't get "goalied". Shesterkin was brilliant but Florida still won. So I will never accept "goalied" as an excuse. Man, I am so jealous of Florida right now. back to back Stanley Cup finals appearances. While our Leafs are not even close.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
You see, great teams don't get "goalied". Shesterkin was brilliant but Florida still won. So I will never accept "goalied" as an excuse.

THANK YOU

Man, I am so jealous of Florida right now. back to back Stanley Cup finals appearances. While our Leafs are not even close.

Zito is a wizard of a GM and players want to play there. As an ex-Miami resident, I totally get why a rich 20-something would love South Florida...let's just say the scenery ain't too bad!

Tkachuk says everybody bought in. Anybody think the same can be said for our core?
I saw a guy that looked like Mitch Marner today and I for real dead serious called to him and said "YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY TD BANK IS IN THE OTHER DIRECTION BRO"

No, I am not making this up.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
THANK YOU

Zito is a wizard of a GM and players want to play there. As an ex-Miami resident, I totally get why a rich 20-something would love South Florida...let's just say the scenery ain't too bad!

I saw a guy that looked like Mitch Marner today and I for real dead serious called to him and said "YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY TD BANK IS IN THE OTHER DIRECTION BRO"

No, I am not making this up.
Zito is no Dubas.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Tkachuk says everybody bought in. Anybody think the same can be said for our core?

Yes but only in terms of coordinating their salary demands.

Mitch: "we believe in ourselves."

John: “Lotta belief in that room”, “another lesson learned” and my favorite “we’re right there”.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
You see, great teams don't get "goalied". Shesterkin was brilliant but Florida still won. So I will never accept "goalied" as an excuse. Man, I am so jealous of Florida right now. back to back Stanley Cup finals appearances. While our Leafs are not even close.
It f***ing pisses me off so much dude.

When the f*** is it going to be our turn ?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Leafs build a team model.
Pay Hyman or Bertuzzi 4 million and expect them to do all the forechecking, net driving and getting pounded on. Then blame them for the loss when 40 million can’t score.
If your stars aren’t getting dirty, you aren’t winning.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Oddly enough, I've kinda come around to liking the Panthers. I hated them last year and thought they got lucky off a ridiculous run from Bob and Tkachuk, but this year they proved they were for real and have been a scrappy club throughout the whole season. They play with a certain swagger and intensity where they haven't let the lows get to them and their entire team has bought in. I used to also hate Maurice but have grown to like him and it would be cool to see him finally win, he's been around for a while now and it's been kinda wild to see him go from the young Wunderkind who took an underdog Carolina team to the finals in 2002 to now being the grizzled vet coach who's done his rounds and is still chasing that ring before his time in the league is up. His players also seem to deeply respect him.

The team is dirty, but at the same time you wish the Leafs played with the same level of desperation to win at all costs. Bennett is a dickhead but he's also a playoff stud. The only unfortunate thing about them winning would just be how little the average Floridian would care.

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
Yes, and that has got me thinking. What if the core do not buy into this “team” concept that both Tre and Berube want, because of them losing their entitlement and country club that they had?

Reactions: ToneDog

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
Leafs build a team model.
Pay Hyman or Bertuzzi 4 million and expect them to do all the forechecking, net driving and getting pounded on. Then blame them for the loss when 40 million can’t score.
If your stars aren’t getting dirty, you aren’t winning.
That is it in a nutshell! This core should be the ones leading the way, standing up for themselves instead of needing someone else to do it for them, putting the team on their backs when the going gets tough!

Reactions: ToneDog and Trapper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad