Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Man Hyman will drive the net consistently these days. Imagine if he was 6’4 with better puck control and hands

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
You heard it here first. Edmonton is winning the cup.

I called it way back at the start of the second round and should have posted it then. Oh well.

Oilers are taking it this year. Book it

Reactions: bax and Kerberos

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Draisaitl knocking on the door of another 30+ point postseason and we got people over here adamant we have to pay Marner $12.5M for 3 points in 7 games.

Why even bother anymore
This is where I'm at too.

EDIT: I had a long post written about this topic here, but it's not worth it. They won't change their minds no matter what reasoning is used. Some people just don't care about the Cup.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
You know, part of me would be devastated to see the Oilers win the Cup since I hate them.

But you know what? That's what this organization f***ing deserves: embarassment.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Meh, good for Edmonton, looking really strong. Didn't think they could hang this long, but taking it to the Stars fully couple in a row. Last one is hardest, lets see. Sunday game will be fun, please tell me its an evening game not some stupid 4pm TV market start.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Oilers go on a deep run, get embarrassed in the CF, next year give the eventual Cup Champs their most competitive series, declare Cup or Bust, and are now a game away from the SCF. When the Leafs get embarrassed in the playoffs they inexplicably run it back and get embarrassed again and again and again and again.

We were all laughing at the Oilers for saying “Cup or Bust” then shitting the bed to start the year. No laughing now.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
If Edmonton wins we'll never hear the end of it. It'll be Montreal fans all over.

f*** sakes.

And take away one player and they're border line missing playoffs... yeah... I'll have some of you say I'm wrong but I don't care.

They have f***ing skinner in net.

If it ends up Florida and Edmonton...

It's Florida in 5 and I f***ing hate them.

I don't mind Edmonton but the fans out west... some of them... and I lived out there for a bit... brutal.
It's good to have the best players in the Finals.

Edm for all the flak they get, have played really well in their own end.

Most on here thought Dal would kill them. I don't think Florida will either.

Dallas still might win this series but Edm has only been knocked out by the Cup champs the past two years. They have been knocking for awhile

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
You know what, I think I might be going full heel with this now out of spite.

The finals are likely to be Edmonton v.s. Florida. If that's the case, it's either a division rival that humiliated Team Grown Men last year, or a team with two stars that are actually stars (unlike our greedy social media darlings) followed by an insufferable fanbase that hates everything Toronto.

It looks bad on the Leafs either way tbh.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Oilers go on a deep run, get embarrassed in the CF, next year give the eventual Cup Champs their most competitive series, declare Cup or Bust, and are now a game away from the SCF. When the Leafs get embarrassed in the playoffs they inexplicably run it back and get embarrassed again and again and again and again.

We were all laughing at the Oilers for saying “Cup or Bust” then shitting the bed to start the year. No laughing now.
If the Oilers win the whole thing they will shit endlessly on Toronto and this org will deserve every single word.

Does HFLeafs deserve this in aggregate? Of course not. But the organization itself sure as shit does, and that backstabbing analytics fraud in Pittsburgh too.

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021

Dallas still might win this series but Edm has only been knocked out by the Cup champs the past two years. They have been knocking for awhile
Ekholm was a huge trade for them.

Reactions: Jojalu

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
If the Oilers win the whole thing they will shit endlessly on Toronto and this org will deserve every single word.

Does HFLeafs deserve this in aggregate? Of course not. But the organization itself sure as shit does, and that backstabbing analytics fraud in Pittsburgh too.
That's why the Flames fans are on their own website. I will definitely be gone for the entire summer to avoid those Edmonton fans.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
That's why the Flames fans are on their own website. I will definitely be gone for the entire summer to avoid those Edmonton fans.
I will never post on the main boards ever again lol.

I mean, I don't troll Oilers fans literally ever for any reason, I don't think I deserve to be shit on because I stupidly chose to cheer for the Leafs as a young kid in the early 90's just to piss off my Habs fan friend.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Worst case Ontario would be a Florida-Edmonton final.
I'm interested to see what the ratings will be if it works out that way.

McDavid is the best player we've seen in 20 years, will likely play in the Cup finals, and I couldn't give less of a shit. Feels like a common sentiment too

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Oilers seem to have "it." Dallas is a damn good team though and they could easily rattle off two wins in a row, but Edmonton is driven and motivated right now and they all fully believe. It's admirable, but man it's a bloody shame it's Edmonton of all franchises.

Reactions: Jojalu

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Oilers seem to have "it." Dallas is a damn good team though and they could easily rattle off two wins in a row, but Edmonton is driven and motivated right now and they all fully believe. It's admirable, but man it's a bloody shame it's Edmonton of all franchises.

Going up 3 - 2 is 80% odds right there.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You heard it here first. Edmonton is winning the cup.

I called it way back at the start of the second round and should have posted it then. Oh well.

Oilers are taking it this year. Book it

I was quietly thinking to myself that if Edmonton killed off that 4 minute penalty to McDavid in OT vs Dallas they could very well win the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad