Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I hate saying this but I hope panthers finish them off. Don’t like anything about NYC or New Yorkers.
In a 32-team league in which parity is higher than ever, it'll be damn impressive if the Panthers win and make it to back-to-back Cup finals.

If the Oilers don't make the finals, then I'll be pulling for Maurice to finally win his Cup. I don't care for the Panthers team otherwise.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sure... it was because he was too tough..

Not because we didn't have the cap room, to spend $4.425 million, on a guy coming off consecutive 12 and 27 point seasons, criticized for a lack of consistency and effort.

Revisionist history is awesome.

FWIW... I kind of wanted to get him at the time too.... but he was a massive risk, with a bloated contract at the time... I mean, that's just the reality of it.

Sam Bennett was making $2.25 million in and around 2020 and 2021 on his last deal.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
IMG_8435.png

Expensive panel

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Playoffs are wars of attrition

Reality is Benn, Pavelski, Seguin are out of steam and legs

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
They blew that 2-0 lead first period last game and have not been able to get it together since. Gonna be game over if they don't figure out quick

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
If the Oilers win it all (🤮 ), that would be 3 straight years of non-elite goalies winning the cup. Even if they lose in the final, they're still showing you can go far if you play well in front of your goalie

Colorado could've had a garden gnome in net during their run. Hill came up big for Vegas last year, but he's nothing special. Skinner hasn't had to do much in some of the games so far

Reactions: keonsbitterness

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
They blew that 2-0 lead first period last game and have not been able to get it together since. Gonna be game over if they don't figure out quick
Reminds me of the Kings-Oilers series a year ago. Kings were close to going up 3-1 but blew game 4 and then Edmonton took care of them in 6.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I watched his end of year presser last year after they lost in the finals

After watching that I realized why his team plays the way they do. They want to run through the wall for this guy

Paul is really is a very likeable guy and he's very transparent
Never say never to a Paul Maurice coached team.

I'll take old school Leaf board points by likes here folks lol..

Reactions: bax

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
If Edmonton wins we'll never hear the end of it. It'll be Montreal fans all over.

f*** sakes.

And take away one player and they're border line missing playoffs... yeah... I'll have some of you say I'm wrong but I don't care.

They have f***ing skinner in net.

If it ends up Florida and Edmonton...

It's Florida in 5 and I f***ing hate them.

I don't mind Edmonton but the fans out west... some of them... and I lived out there for a bit... brutal.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
If Edmonton wins we'll never hear the end of it. It'll be Montreal fans all over.

f*** sakes.

And take away one player and they're border line missing playoffs... yeah... I'll have some of you say I'm wrong but I don't care.

They have f***ing skinner in net.

If it ends up Florida and Edmonton...

It's Florida in 5 and I f***ing hate them.

I don't mind Edmonton but the fans out west... some of them... and I lived out there for a bit... brutal.

That player carrying them will be the 3rd highest paid player next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad