Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
LA Kings in unexpected free fall. At this rate you could ask them about Doughty…

Was thinking the same thing. Have a feeling we make a deal for him.

34 years old, three more years at 11 AAV after this season. May be if LA was to retain?

Some money would have to go the other way to make the contract work I suppose :dunno:

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I don't see anything wrong with this. this is a leader on a team calling out his teammates. Devon Toews did this 2-3 weeks ago? when were in the midst of a losing skid like we just went on I wish someone here would stand up and call our players out.

Doughty knows what a winning culture and team with the right mindset looks . He know's when his squad is putting in the correct work rate and playing the game the right way and when they aren't, it's the job of the leaders on the team to call this out and stomp it out fast.

I agree with you saying, it would be nice if there was a bit more of that around our team.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Doughty knows what a winning culture and team with the right mindset looks . He know's when his squad is putting in the correct work rate and playing the game the right way and when they aren't, it's the job of the leaders on the team to call this out and stomp it out fast.

I agree with you saying, it would be nice if there was a bit more of that around our team.

how? the high AAV players on this team have only one 1st round win to show for. Who is going to hold others accountable especially when they themselves don't get the job done in the playoffs?

Reactions: Cleetus

weems

Jul 3, 2008

how? the high AAV players on this team have only one 1st round win to show for. Who is going to hold others accountable especially when they themselves don't get the job done in the playoffs?

It does have to eventually come from your core you're right.
Just doesn't feel like we have that culture or mindset and everything just feels extremely lax.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
LA Kings in unexpected free fall. At this rate you could ask them about Doughty…
I don’t know if they would trade him but at the right price he could help a team that’s taking a shot. Edmonton , Dallas, god forbid Boston Tampa or Florida.

If they won, great, but if not, you might have trouble getting rid of that contract.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I don’t know if they would trade him but at the right price he could help a team that’s taking a shot. Edmonton , Dallas, god forbid Boston Tampa or Florida.

If they won, great, but if not, you might have trouble getting rid of that contract.
Drew is not going anywhere. Kings will make moves to get better and not tank the season.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I don’t know if it was mentioned but frank seravalli on the DFO podcast said that the Utah announcement was because the coyotes are playing there next year.

That’s his prediction and he seems certain about it

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
scabs up 3-0 against hte isles in the 1st. Roy party already ended? :laugh:
He is basically Ted Nolan 2.0. Got a second chance, but it's with a team that is basically buying time until the implosion. The Islanders have to rebuild. There won't be any way around it. So Roy will muddle his way through a couple of seasons of mediocre results, and maybe not even the playoffs, and then will be fired because that's what happens when teams stuck in the middle finally start to slide down. I appreciate that he has this job because there were probably no other NHL jobs available to him, but it's not a great situation for him. He would have been so much better off with an Ottawa situation, where he could potentially grow a team into becoming a contender. On the Islanders, he will simply be overseeing the funeral.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
One could point to goaltending as part of the issue with the Isles but they’re far from that strong defensive group in the past. They’ve given up some of the highest number of scoring chances in the league. That won’t help.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
One could point to goaltending as part of the issue with the Isles but they’re far from that strong defensive group in the past. They’ve given up some of the highest number of scoring chances in the league. That won’t help.
I think what it mostly points to is just how good of a coach Trotz is. He turned this lineup into one of the best teams in the league for two years running. I can't imagine a better example of what happens with a high-end coach. I don't think it's far-fetched to say that giving Barry Trotz this Leafs lineup would result in some pretty impressive playoff results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad