Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This might be the best effort from the Canes I’ve seen this season.
Their power play is lethal. Other than the Leafs, this is the team I would like to see come out of the East. But my goodness they cannot rely on the goaltending they currently have to carry them through the playoffs.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Their power play is lethal. Other than the Leafs, this is the team I would like to see come out of the East. But my goodness they cannot rely on the goaltending they currently have to carry them through the playoffs.
Their winning corresponds with better play from the goalies. They’ve been really good tonight.

as I typed that Boston scored.

Reactions: Jojalu

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So the Bruins are going to do this come from behind thing again. Marchand is a stud, though.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Some Sens fan posted that the Leafs are a tire fire in their own end. Do Sens fans actually watch their team or just comment on the Leafs?
They are a tire fire.

Canes need some toughness up front.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
More importantly it was in regulation so we gained two points on Boston.

But yeah we're not catching them let's just stay out of the wildcard picture k thx bye

By some lists the bruins have the hardest remaining schedule in the entire league. Never say never, but yeah probably aren’t going to catch them.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
More importantly it was in regulation so we gained two points on Boston.

But yeah we're not catching them let's just stay out of the wildcard picture k thx bye
They needed the two points, didnt matter how.

Leafs don’t need to mess up a potential TB Florida 1st round match up.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Honestly I'd love a revenge series against the Panthers but if the Florida teams have to Duke it out first it would be great TV and good for us if we reach the 2nd round again.
I don’t know how good that would be, I’d much prefer to watch the Panthers beat up TB.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don’t know how good that would be, I’d much prefer to watch the Panthers beat up TB.
Barring a major collapse, I think the top three in the Atlantic is what you see now. It will just be a matter of where those three teams finish. I have no doubt that the Leafs will pass Florida. They will definitely need some help at this point to pass Boston.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Barring a major collapse, I think the top three in the Atlantic is what you see now. It will just be a matter of where those three teams finish. I have no doubt that the Leafs will pass Florida. They will definitely need some help at this point to pass Boston.
It’s a weak division, but I’m not sure it’s that weak!

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It’s a weak division, but I’m not sure it’s that weak!
Florida has replaced Tampa Bay. Other than that, the rest of the division looks identical to last season. Detroit is a bit better, but they won't be able to hang on.

I think Florida overtakes Boston for the division at some point and wins the Atlantic.
Possible, but I think it's just as likely that the Leafs overtake both of them. All three teams have weaknesses that can result in 3 or 4 game winless streaks, which will allow the other two teams to gain ground.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Florida has replaced Tampa Bay. Other than that, the rest of the division looks identical to last season. Detroit is a bit better, but they won't be able to hang on.

Possible, but I think it's just as likely that the Leafs overtake both of them. All three teams have weaknesses that can result in 3 or 4 game winless streaks, which will allow the other two teams to gain ground.
The division is a little closer this year. You’ve watched every Leafs so you they’re not very good. Have a couple of good players, but too many really bad ones.

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The division is a little closer this year. You’ve watched every Leafs so you they’re very good. Have a couple of good players, but too many really bad ones.
The bigger point for me is that I don't see a world-beater in any of these teams in the East. I think it will be a jump ball for which team comes out of the East this year. Basically, get on a roll at the right time and you can win the conference.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Matthews starting to pull away from everyone not named Reinhart.

I keep thinking Reinhart will slow down. Seems he won't.

Reactions: uncleben
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad