Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The bigger point for me is that I don't see a world-beater in any of these teams in the East. I think it will be a jump ball for which team comes out of the East this year. Basically, get on a roll at the right time and you can win the conference.
It could happen, but It’ll be hard for Matthews to go on such a heater that overcomes the flaws on this team.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
4 goals and 1 assist for MacKinnon tonight.

82 points on the season and jumps ahead of Kucherov who has 80.
Ranta is also trending up and is now 4th in scoring. On pace for 110 points. Meanwhile back at the ranch, our stars have taken a leave of absence and finally coach shows some guts and benches them for a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BallardEra

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
More importantly it was in regulation so we gained two points on Boston.

But yeah we're not catching them let's just stay out of the wildcard picture k thx bye

Idk I think I'd prefer to go through the Metro from the WC spot.

Matthews starting to pull away from everyone not named Reinhart.

I keep thinking Reinhart will slow down. Seems he won't.

His PP goal scoring is ridiculous. He's tied for 39th in goals scored at even strength. Same amount as there as Marner.

Last edited:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

His PP goal scoring is ridiculous. He's tied for 39th in goals scored at even strength. Same amount as there as Marner.
For those saying he only has 13 ESG. He also has 4 SHG. Can't wait to see how much less he gets than Willie got and all the excuses from some fans that go with it.

Reactions: rumman

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
For those saying he only has 13 ESG. He also has 4 SHG. Can't wait to see how much less he gets than Willie got and all the excuses from some fans that go with it.
There are some factors that do come into play, but I will be sick if he signs for less than 10.

Then of course we will have to revisit after both contracts are finished to finalize a true assessment.

Reactions: ToneDog

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Wow. Paul Maurice coached his 1,813th game last night to move into second all-time!

I will admit, while Maurice only coached two seasons for us, that's how I know him. I was a little too young in the 90s to be following the league as a whole and really only paid attention to the Leafs, plus, since he started so young and was still pretty young for a coach even when he was with the Leafs, I completely forget about the 11 years he coached before he was a Leaf!

The man has been a head coach since 1995, and since that 1995-96 season there have been only two NHL seasons (2005–06 and 2012–13) that didn't have Maurice as a head coach. That's 26 out of 28 seasons, since he joined the league!

Assuming he finishes out this year (which he should), he only needs 4 more seasons to pass Bowman for first all-time, and with only being 56 and having a pretty good rep around the league, I imagine that's fairly likely.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Leafs won't end up in a wild card spot. Their positioning may change, but I think the top 3 in the Atlantic today will still be the top 3 at the end of the season. Detroit and Tampa are not good enough to go on sustained winning streaks.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Wow. Paul Maurice coached his 1,813th game last night to move into second all-time!

I will admit, while Maurice only coached two seasons for us, that's how I know him. I was a little too young in the 90s to be following the league as a whole and really only paid attention to the Leafs, plus, since he started so young and was still pretty young for a coach even when he was with the Leafs, I completely forget about the 11 years he coached before he was a Leaf!

The man has been a head coach since 1995, and since that 1995-96 season there have been only two NHL seasons (2005–06 and 2012–13) that didn't have Maurice as a head coach. That's 26 out of 28 seasons, since he joined the league!

Assuming he finishes out this year (which he should), he only needs 4 more seasons to pass Bowman for first all-time, and with only being 56 and having a pretty good rep around the league, I imagine that's fairly likely.

I remember losing to his Carolina team in the conference finals in 2002.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Ranta is also trending up and is now 4th in scoring. On pace for 110 points. Meanwhile back at the ranch, our stars have taken a leave of absence and finally coach shows some balls and benches them for a few minutes.
Wait. The Stars were benched? I missed that.

• Haha

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Ranta is also trending up and is now 4th in scoring. On pace for 110 points. Meanwhile back at the ranch, our stars have taken a leave of absence and finally coach shows some guts and benches them for a few minutes.
I was watching the Canes and Bruins game and switched during commercials, I would have thought the morning shows would have played tgat up a little more. I just heard Bunkis mention it, now.
Interesting. Maybe the coach has decided to coach….or he may apologize in the media today.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
img_1_1706196758702~2.jpg

From burning down villages to burning each other. What are the King's even doing these days?

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
See, I very much remember watching that series, but couldn't have told you who the Carolina coach was, yet he was already a healthy 7 years into his NHL career!

somewhat related...

That year the Leafs also played against the Islanders, who were coached by Peter Laviolette in his first year who is now approaching 1500 games.

Even Jacques Martin is back coaching the Sens.

So all 3 head coaches the Leafs played in the playoffs 22 years ago are head coaches in the league today.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
View attachment 810150

From burning down villages to burning each other. What are the King's even doing these days?

I don't see anything wrong with this. this is a leader on a team calling out his teammates. Devon Toews did this 2-3 weeks ago? when were in the midst of a losing skid like we just went on I wish someone here would stand up and call our players out.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I don't see anything wrong with this. this is a leader on a team calling out his teammates. Devon Toews did this 2-3 weeks ago? when were in the midst of a losing skid like we just went on I wish someone here would stand up and call our players out.
I don't find it necessarily wrong either especially coming from a cup winner like Doughty. It's just bewildering that LA went from breaking a road wins streak record to losing to non playoff teams regularly. Their roster looks good I have a lot of them in a pool. Not sure how they keep losing.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
I don't find it necessarily wrong either especially coming from a cup winner like Doughty. It's just bewildering that LA went from breaking a road wins streak record to losing to non playoff teams regularly. Their roster looks good I have a lot of them in a pool. Not sure how they keep losing to garbage teams.

since the start of December Talbot has been a sub 900 goalie save percentage 899%. 879% since Jan 1. he was 928% from the start of the season until December 1st.

we've seen this first hand where if your goalie's don't play well it's hard to win. the great start Talbot had is over and he's regressing. that's probably the main reason.

Edit: i guess they've also dropped over a goal scored per game in that time aswell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darcy Tucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad