Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
A hat-trick and 4 points for Kucherov tonight and now has 80 points on the season.

Marner would exceed him if he got his PP time.

9.5 AAV to boot with 3 SCF appearances and 2 cups to go with it. And we wonder why the Leafs can't achieve success in post season.....

He has totally bought in. I was shocked watching him and Draisaitl grind down the Flames in the third period the other night.

They both didn't care about the ENG.

Yup me too. McJesus and Drai have completely bought in. It was impressive to see how they've changed the way they play. I suppose they have to back up their talk of "Cup or Bust" after they lost the series last season. At least so far they are backing up their talk with the walk...

Reactions: BallardEra

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
So I guess you go by leaves of absence (and I appreciate that is a very big assumption to make), including the guy in the Swiss league, that gives you 5 players.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Really hope the league isn't expanding again any time soon.
If they want something in Utah, move the Coyotes there instead of expanding every time the owners want a multi-million dollar bonus.
Seriously, this might make the most sense. Rink ready to go with upgrade on the way. Keeps them in the west, keeps them in the pacific. Allows the league to get expansion monies from larger markets like Atlanta (gag-me x 3) and Houston.

Reactions: OddyOh and Sypher04

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Really hope the league isn't expanding again any time soon.
If they want something in Utah, move the Coyotes there instead of expanding every time the owners want a multi-million dollar bonus.

Bettman would rather jump off a high rise than move the Yotes.

there were also rumblings of yotes getting a new NHL arena soon; can't find that article.

Yotes is Bettman's pet project it is not getting moved anytime soon

Last edited by a moderator:

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I’m not one that wants expansion. Just seems to be watering down the product. But this league is about money not quality so it’s no surprise.

Reactions: OddyOh

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I honestly can't tell if he's simply delusional or deep down knows the team is pooched for at least few years to come and that the Karlsson trade likely wasn't the right big move for him to make.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The 'nuke' option is essentially determined by the NMCs on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad