Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
To be fair Bert was one of the Bruins better players in their playoffs last year, his first time to the show. Hopefully we get that Bert come playoff time....

View attachment 808897
If Bert was on the Leafs last year against Florida and produced at the same clip they probably win the series. Or at least get it to 7 games.

It would be huge if he could replicate it this year

Reactions: Buds17

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Will it be the Blue Jackets or Blackhawks who end the Oilers run?

Or do they push it to 15?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
This is the second member of the 2018 World Jr team to take a leave this week, right?
Dube I presume is the other?

There must be something coming out soon if these guys are stepping away now.

Remember, Formenton is also not in the NHL right now presumably (at least partially) because of this.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Dube I presume is the other?

He is.

There must be something coming out soon if these guys are stepping away now.

Remember, Formenton is also not in the NHL right now presumably (at least partially) because of this.

If I remember right, both Dube and Hart have denied being involved in the incident, so who knows.

Formenton, I think, is the only player on that team to have not made a statement.

Reactions: wingman75

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
McDavid only has 3 multi point games during this 14 game win streak.

While he contributes almost every night, this is not a result of him going on a scorched earth heater. Impressive

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Good defenseman have a positive impact on goaltenders because they limit high danger shots (the real kind).
Good defensemen have a positive impact on skater defensive results, like high danger shots against.
Sure, if below average or bad means 10th in the league
No, below average means below average. Worse than how NHL goaltending has performed in the same situations.
Not sure which referenced goalie performance you mistakenly believe was 10th best in the league...

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
To be fair Bert was one of the Bruins better players in their playoffs last year
A flukey statline actually kind of hides the fact that he played pretty poorly. At least when he had to do something other than just stand in front of the net on a blazing hot PP.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
While he contributes almost every night, this is not a result of him going on a scorched earth heater. Impressive
Really, the only thing holding them back is goaltending. They've been one of the best teams in the league offensively and defensively this year.

Reactions: Gallagbi and Jojalu

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Really, the only thing holding them back is goaltending. They've been one of the best teams in the league offensively and defensively this year.
Unfortunately, I think goaltending will still be the thing that holds them back when the playoffs roll around. But no denying how well the rest of the team has played, especially since it hasn't been because of complete reliance on McDavid and Draisitl.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

He has totally bought in. I was shocked watching him and Draisaitl grind down the Flames in the third period the other night.

They both didn't care about the ENG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad