Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
What is honestly going on over at the DoPS? Are they actually trolling hockey fans or something with the way they handle these?

That hit literally checks all the boxes to have the book thrown at him and he gets a phone hearing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

who actually takes this clownshow seriously anymore?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
What is honestly going on over at the DoPS? Are they actually trolling hockey fans or something with the way they handle these?

That hit literally checks all the boxes to have the book thrown at him and he gets a phone hearing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's absurd. Open and shut case for intent to injure.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

This is getting a lot of play.

Perhaps it is something that can't be swept under the rug this time.

Media MUST KEEP IT HOT.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

It’s just Parros being biased. Gallagher is a Hab and Parros played for the Habs, so he’s going to do his former team a favour and punish him in a way that won’t result in a long suspension.

Hell they were teammates. Conflict of interest is obviously apparent but whatever. Joke league.

Last edited:

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
It’s just Parros is being biased. Gallagher is a Hab and Parros played for the Habs, so he’s going to do his former team a favour and punish him in a way that won’t result in a long suspension.
Exactly. Look at the top two suspended teams. Bruins and Leaf’s. I can see the Bruins at least being high on the list as they have Marchand and some other questionable players. Then the Leafs. The big bad dirty Leaf’s. The Mathews suspension says it all. But this isn’t a Parros problem. It’s an NHL problem as they are allowing this to happen. Bettman will drop dead the day a Canadian team wins the cup.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
It’s just Parros being biased. Gallagher is a Hab and Parros played for the Habs, so he’s going to do his former team a favour and punish him in a way that won’t result in a long suspension.

Hell they were teammates. Conflict of interest is obviously apparent but whatever. Joke league.
And do they not have procedures in place to safeguard any said bias happening? The league just too short on funds or what?

I thought this was about player's safety, the punishment has nothing to do with who likes who. What kind of message does this send about player safety that if you're 'ole pals with Georgy you get let off the hook for blatant attempts to injure players. I don't know the extent of Pelech's injuries but he's had a horrible concussion history already which Gallagher might have worsened.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It would be so easy for the league to simply not hire recent players to run player safety lol
Even if they didn't want to abandon hiring former players, they could still easily not hire corrupt goons with severe brain injuries, personal grievances, and a complete inability to handle the job. The way the DOPS is run is a joke. No procedures. No standards. No oversight. No accountability. NHL doesn't care about the safety of their employees.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
100%.

Refs aren't biased. Just shit.

Dops is biased.
No, just painfully inconsistent.

Even if they didn't want to abandon hiring former players, they could still easily not hire corrupt goons with severe brain injuries, personal grievances, and a complete inability to handle the job. The way the DOPS is run is a joke. No procedures. No standards. No oversight. No accountability. NHL doesn't care about the safety of their employees.
This one is plenty interesting, because with Pelech already having a history of concussions it's possible that he may be out a very long time as a result of an unjustifiably dirty hit.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
No, just painfully inconsistent.

George Parros, probably:
ZkrYK9I.gif

Last edited:

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
While I completely agree the reality appears to be, at least to me, that the DOPS is performing exactly as both the league and players want it to.

If there's going to be meaningful change it's going to need to be driven by the players who, for some bizarre reason have decided they're more worried about getting a long suspension than they are about being seriously injured. Especially odd when a pretty small portion of the players do the majority of the most egregious stuff.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Making a goon head of safety predictably backfired. Shocked I tell you

He calls the elbow smash to Scott Niedermayer’s head in the 2001 playoffs – payback for a Niedermayer stick to the face in an earlier game – “the dumbest thing I did in my career.” He was banned for the rest of the playoffs and the first eight games of the next season.

He voices fewer regrets about the infamous Ulf Samuelsson sucker-punch in 1995, although admits the ensuing eight-game suspension was warranted. The Rangers defenceman made the mistake of calling Domi, a dyslexic, a “dummy.”

This was 20 years ago, and so giving out less than 5 in today's environment is indefensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad