Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Pens picking up a point doesn’t really matter. Playoff picture is pretty much painted.

Philly might be the odd man out with NJ sneaking in.

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Pens picking up a point doesn’t really matter. Playoff picture is pretty much painted.

Philly might be the odd man out with NJ sneaking in.
This is what should happen in any event, but if Philly ends up without their number one goalie for a long stretch it will probably expedite matters.

Reactions: Nineteen67

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
My speculation is they will not be getting their #1 goaltender back.

Might be a rallying cry or a collapse event.
or a trade, they do have a history of trades with the Blue Jackets.....Elvis has left the building??????

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
My speculation is they will not be getting their #1 goaltender back.

Might be a rallying cry or a collapse event.
Given that Hart is an RFA at the end of the season, it will be interesting to see (if he is one of the 5, which I know shouldn't necessarily be assumed) if the Flyers even want him back.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
‘Rather have’ makes it sound like it was a choice between the 2 players.
Tre did not have the choice between the two but not a reason to allow the Nylander camp to force you to overpay him. This guy asked for more than Pasta in July and did not budge, forcing Tre to cave to a number I doubt any other team would give him. Then he goes back to mailing it in. Absolute f***ing joke.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Sounds like the Pens didn't have much fun playing Florida last night:

“It’s tough to play teams like that, that get in your face – they’re scrappy,” said netminder Alex Nedeljkovic, who made 29 saves on 31 shots. “They like to do a lot of talking, a lot of chirping, a lot of pushing and shoving after whistles and stuff. So, it’s hard to stay mentally engaged in the right things.”

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Tre did not have the choice between the two but not a reason to allow the Nylander camp to force you to overpay him. This guy asked for more than Pasta in July and did not budge, forcing Tre to cave to a number I doubt any other team would give him. Then he goes back to mailing it in. Absolute f***ing joke.
we all knew where is game would go after the ink was dry, I'd rather of let him see how other teams viewed him in free agency, maybe then he'd still be playing with some conviction............

Sounds like the Pens didn't have much fun playing Florida last night:

“It’s tough to play teams like that, that get in your face – they’re scrappy,” said netminder Alex Nedeljkovic, who made 29 saves on 31 shots. “They like to do a lot of talking, a lot of chirping, a lot of pushing and shoving after whistles and stuff. So, it’s hard to stay mentally engaged in the right things.”
sounds like the Pen's are mentally butter soft according to this guy........

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Florids is 2nd most penalized team in NHL.Have to play between whistles vs them more then any team.

Reactions: rumman and ToneDog

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Think Carolina wins the Metro and Boston and Florida finish 1 and 2 in the Atlantic. Looking like one of those three teams in round one.
I like all those matchups. Would be sweet to get revenge on Florida for last year. Boston for previous series and it was 4-1 and Carolina for making Mats Sundin cry back in the day when they eliminated us in the Conference Finals.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Think Carolina wins the Metro and Boston and Florida finish 1 and 2 in the Atlantic. Looking like one of those three teams in round one.
The Leafs aren't going to drop to a wild card spot. Neither Tampa nor Detroit are consistent enough to pass and stay ahead of Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad