Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Sounds like the Pens didn't have much fun playing Florida last night:

“It’s tough to play teams like that, that get in your face – they’re scrappy,” said netminder Alex Nedeljkovic, who made 29 saves on 31 shots. “They like to do a lot of talking, a lot of chirping, a lot of pushing and shoving after whistles and stuff. So, it’s hard to stay mentally engaged in the right things.”

Is there anything that describes Dubas' team to the T more here? LOL

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Just checked the score. f***ing bruins just keep winning. How many 11AAV+ players have they got?

Saw this on twitter. Torts IS THE MAN!!! (sure his team lost tonight but absolutely LOVE how he's giving his goalie confidence)

Reactions: Cleetus

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Shhh we're not allowed to talk about Dubas here because it is considered living in the past. Even though his departure was only 6 months ago. I'm not over the bastard.

he is so full of himself he names himself the GM :laugh:

8dt8xw.jpg

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Oilers look so much faster than the leafs. They move the puck with a sense of purpose.

Anyone ever says coaching doesn't change anything, here's a prime example

I've no doubt it works elsewhere. Here?

Who knows, we need a coach that plays structure and demands a second effort from everyone in the lineup.

What are the odds he'll be popular enough to stay?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Could Parise ever play a full 200 ft?

Seems like the Leafs could have taken a flyer on him for some depth scoring for 875.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If I was in the last go at it in my career and wanted a chance to grab a cup....am I hitching my wagon to Mackinnon and Makar.....or Matthews and Marner? I bet Parise had a hard time figuring that one out :laugh:

Colorado seems to have the same depth issues as the Leafs but their top end is just so top end. Mackinnon laying waste to the league in the Art Ross, Rantanen ahead of all Big 4 Leaf guys and Makar on D. They obviously also have Toews, Girard, Byram and Manson but it’s the stars that shine.

Reactions: ToneDog

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
If I was in the last go at it in my career and wanted a chance to grab a cup....am I hitching my wagon to Mackinnon and Makar.....or Matthews and Marner? I bet Parise had a hard time figuring that one out :laugh:
Lol. I don't disagree

Edmonton has become so good at grinding out games. They just shut it down

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Lol. I don't disagree

Edmonton has become so good at grinding out games. They just shut it down
McDavid has fully bought in to playing the right way, seemingly has sacrificed some of his top end point potential....but he is leading that team right now. Drai is still floating around out there doing his thing lol but I do hate to say it, they are a pretty impressive team right now.

Reactions: Jojalu
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Oilers look so much faster than the leafs. They move the puck with a sense of purpose.

Anyone ever says coaching doesn't change anything, here's a prime example

They were due for some positive regression when Woodcroft was fired, but I certainly didn't expect them to be a defensive juggernaut given the flawed roster construction. Knoblauch has them playing sound hockey, and it helps that Skinner turned the corner and has bailed them out in games where they got outplayed.

Will it translate to playoff success? Hard to say. I think they've had one of the easier schedules given only two BTBs to date. They'll play a ton of hockey down the stretch, so you'd think some load management will be in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad