Around the league part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I am rocking some Singapore style noodles and pork bao right now!
man this place opened up here with hand cut noodles and all sorts of bao then when i finally went there for the first time, i spotted a B grade in the window and checked the website and saw some extremely clear terms about the presence of vermin and noped right the f*** out

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
a solid f***ing cleanout asswhooping should at least shut their media the f*** up right

like you cant blame the refs in a blowout, you cant blame the conditions because youre at home and floridas flight was late, you're gonna be down 3-0 in the series...what are they going to whine about?

Some humble pie is gonna look suuuuuper nice.

And I say this as a guy who felt mostly good about McDavid getting a Cup prior to this series, they have done that much to self inflict ill will from around the league.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 19-14-22 McDavid 'looking forward to people doubting us again'.png

Having fun yet, Connor?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Gimme the home announcers for one of the two teams.

Why do I want a bunch of national broadcasters that don't really know anything about either team?

I'll never understand it.
I just wish whoever is announcing it acts more like they are participating in a piece of history.

I get it. It's a job for these people. But their lack of enthusiasm will forever be recorded as a team wins the championship.

I'm wary of home announcers just in case they are Sulky McSulkface when the opposition scores, like Colorado's crew.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I just wish whoever is announcing it acts more like they are participating in a piece of history.

I get it. It's a job for these people. But their lack of enthusiasm will forever be recorded as a team wins the championship.

I'm wary of home announcers just in case they are Sulky McSulkface when the opposition scores, like Colorado's crew.
I'm fine with that if the payoff is actual insight into a team's season and players.

I don't tune in to these games to be pandered to which I realize puts me square in the minority... I want to know what's going on and a bunch of "Well the losing team needs to be mentally tougher and more systematically composed" is.... not for me.

Gimme the actual details and story of the two teams involved in this series... even if the losing team is sad.

TEACH ME SOMETHING.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
I’m sitting here at the Dodger game expecting to see Yamamoto pitch, instead I get a bullpen game. God I love those. f*** off Dodgers for that.

My agitation is lessened somewhat by checking the Oilers score. Suck it bitches.

PS: f***ing Michael Grove can’t be jettisoned fast enough.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm fine with that if the payoff is actual insight into a team's season and players.

I don't tune in to these games to be pandered to which I realize puts me square in the minority... I want to know what's going on and a bunch of "Well the losing team needs to be mentally tougher and more systematically composed" is.... not for me.

Gimme the actual details and story of the two teams involved in this series... even if the losing team is sad.

TEACH ME SOMETHING.
I understand and I get it. My biggest reason for disagreeing is you essentially get "one side" of history as the announcers generally gravitate towards their own.

When the national broadcasts could, you know, spend time learning about both.

This series is the worst of both. One-sided, uninformed droning.

Reactions: kingsfan28

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm not sure they really could.
Would you be able to explain why, if possible? Not that I don't believe you - you've actually worked behind the scenes, and I'm interested.

From my perspective, there are multiple days between games. Why couldn't an announcer network with the media teams of who's playing, including their broadcasters, to learn of interesting storylines? I don't know what kind of prep goes into this, so maybe my expectations are unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad