Around the league part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Sometimes I think going through adversity during the regular season helps a team in the playoffs. I think that's one of the reasons the President's Trophy winner usually comes up short.

We've seen many teams have there issues during the regular season, get it together, then go on a SC run.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Oiler fans think Mikey Anderson and Victor Arvidsson are dirty. Panthers are going to make their heads explode.
No kidding, the Panthers are the rattiest team in the league. They got to be careful though, you can't keep giving the Oilers power plays

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
So many scumbags on both sides.

IMG_5200.gif

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I've always kinda liked the Panthers. I enjoyed their run with Vanbiesbrouck back in the day. The whole thing with the rats was so much fun. Plus it's cool seeing a long suffering franchise have success.

Also, their original logo is still one of the best ever IMO.

But aren't we supposed to hate Tkachuk?
I've always taken Tkachuck's side. Drew is a bitch. We'd all hate him if he wasn't on the Kings.

Reactions: funky and BaileyFan

FrozenKing18

Where is my super suit?
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I hate this post.

There's always been this bizarre contingent of Kings fans that don't like Doughty. He's Drew "pouty".

So lame. The grass is always greener on the other side I guess.
I’m on this boat lol but maybe not as bad as others. I’m a fan of Doughty, but i’ve always disliked his pouty demeanor. That meltdown against the Coyotes in the playoffs sticks out to me.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
McDavid has the chance to add the most precious hardware in his entire career, can’t see him not willing the oilers at this point

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I love Drew

I thought the initial reaction to the Tkachuk stuff was dog shit..."you got elbowed in the face now you have to fight" was amongst the dumbest rhetoric I've ever seen

However as that dragged out I started to hate Drew's reactions to it, he bailed on hits, he let others fight his battles. At SOME point it would have been nice to see a 'fiery competitor' and a captain stand up. Especially in that game where he felt good egging Tkachuk on and hip checked the jesus out of him, like now YOURE starting it, you can't bail.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I hate this post.

There's always been this bizarre contingent of Kings fans that don't like Doughty. He's Drew "pouty".

I love Doughty. Have his autographed Jersey in a display case in my house. But on that play, and subsequent meetings he was a little bitch. The problem is he at the time, was one of our few star players and not one person stood up to protect their star. The team ley Tkachuk run around doing whatever he wanted.

I hope that we land a skilled guy that can fight. What I wouldn't give to find a prime Lucic style player to ride shotgun to Byfield. Unfortunately the Tkachuk boys may be the closest thing in the modern NHL. I would settle for a new Kyle Clifford type. Someone with a pulse that can chuck them. Instead we have a Chihuahua in Lizotte skating around taking out ankles and falling on his ass.

Sorry, watched Shoresy this weekend and forgot how much I missed Nolan and the other tough guys we once had.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I hate this post.

I love Drew

I thought the initial reaction to the Tkachuk stuff was dog shit..."you got elbowed in the face now you have to fight" was amongst the dumbest rhetoric I've ever seen

However as that dragged out I started to hate Drew's reactions to it, he bailed on hits, he let others fight his battles. At SOME point it would have been nice to see a 'fiery competitor' and a captain stand up. Especially in that game where he felt good egging Tkachuk on and hip checked the jesus out of him, like now YOURE starting it, you can't bail.
John - RJ pretty much sums it up, although I was part of the "dumb rhetoric" which was not dumb in hindsight nor at the time.

Doughty's actions throughout the entire Tkachuk thing set the tone for the culture we've been suffering through for the entirety of the Bluc era. It doesn't really need to be explained further, but all one has to do is look at a team like Boston, its culture, and its best player with one career fight to his name fighting the very Tkachuk that tormented Doughty for years while all Drew did was run his mouth, save for a late game hipcheck that ended with Doughty trying as hard as possible to not have to actually fight. Pastrnak says in the media that he felt he had to do it because of what it would do for the guys in the room. Doughty gets a giant elbow from a rookie/second year guy, never tries to even it up, lets others fight his battles and then gets continually clowned by Tkachuk because MT knows Doughty won't do a thing about it. It's a horrible look and kind of sums up this team, although it now pretty much lacks anyone to fight battles for anyone else.

Now, do I "like" Doughty? Of course...he is a Kings legend and one hell of a hockey player. But I like him because he is on the Kings and for what he has helped provide to me as a Kings fan: two Cups. If he wasn't a King, I'd obviously respect his game because I'm not a complete idiot, but I would not like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad