Around the league part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Good for Trotz--he couldn't win a Cup as a coach in Nashville but now he'll have a chance to do so as a GM. Poile needed to move on.

Also, I made an agreement with a Preds fan on the main trade board to send Grans + mid-round picks over in exchange for Jeannot. I'll take my thanks for expert armchair GMing via likes on this post, thanks. :sarcasm:

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
All the contenders in the East are going for it, meanwhile the teams in the West are doing nothing, lol

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Wow, Jeannot got a lot from Tampa. Still needs to be seen if he’s this years version or last years.
He shot 19% last year, so it’s most likely that he’s in between then and now. I’m guessing he’s more of a 15 goal scorer who can also run over or beat up anyone else in the league.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Mukhamadullin and Bjornfot are probably about equal in value. If he was the main prospect for a guy like Meier (in addition to the picks of course), I don’t see any reason why Bjornfot couldn’t be the piece in a Chychrun trade. If it’s Bjornfot, a first, and some other lesser stuff, let’s just pull the trigger already.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
That Jeanott return is crazy. I think trades are going to stop for a bit as GM's try and evaluate what the hell Tampa just did to the market

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
The 2019 draft class has produced so many productive players who are already making a big impact on their clubs.

It’s going to be a long term miss for the Kings, very similar to how 2003 played out beyond Brown. The next 5 drafts brought three of the best players in franchise history and some useful secondary and depth pieces which made up for that pick, as well as the Hickey miss . So it’s still possible, there is just a lot of pressure now on QB and Clarke especially, what should have been a 3 headed monster of top 7 picks isn’t going to be.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Mukhamadullin was at best the Devils 5th best prospect, and I wouldn't even have him that high.

THN had Mukhamadullin as the Devils 3rd best prospect in last year's Future Watch and #50 overall. Add in Nemec ahead of that. Seamus Casey's had a nice freshman season at Michigan, but maybe a few years behind in development. I'm cautiously optimistic about Arseni Gritsyuk, but we'll see if they can entice him to play in the AHL or if he'll stay in Russia for a bigger paycheck. I feel like Nolan Foote has a better reputation due to last name + being a former (late) first rounder.

Sometimes it's tough to gauge the Russian prospects since most of us aren't watching KHL games. 25 points in 67 KHL games is pretty solid for a guy who just turned 21. Dmitri Orlov had 12 points in 42 KHL games as a 20 year old as an example. Seems like most of the recent highly drafted Russian D opted for the CHL route (Provorov/Sergachev/Kulikov/Zadorov). Feel like Mukhamadullin would have been a sexier commodity had he played in the CHL (or AHL this season).

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The return on Jeanot is another L for the "it's easy to get grit later" crowd.
Shit is expensive. TB keeps paying for it because they know it's important. Blake keeps drafting the same center.
It’s easy to get grit when it’s Phaneuf and Nate Thompson that’s the grit.

Reactions: BigKing

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That Jeanott return is crazy. I think trades are going to stop for a bit as GM's try and evaluate what the hell Tampa just did to the market
I've never really heard of Tanner Jeannot, and was shocked at what they gave up. Cal Foote, a 1st,2nd,3rd, 4th and 5th. The guy has 14 points. Somewhere ARZ is saying , "see what they got..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad