Around the league part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I will bet you anything you want and ill even give you the win if 3 out 4 make it into the hall. Kopitar is the only one. Brown wont and drew is borderline.

Drew is in, too. Norris trophy, two golds, two cups, and the canadian popularity contest.

Brown is not.

Quick is borderline, should be in, but the hallis tough on goalies

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I will bet you anything you want and ill even give you the win if 3 out 4 make it into the hall. Kopitar is the only one. Brown wont and drew is borderline.
Borderline ?

I agree with both Quick and obviously Brown (lol) but of course Drew is not borderline.

That’s the problem with these ridiculous trophy’s. People always refer to it but you can easily not win one if you are unlucky.

On top of that, the Conn Smyth of 2012 and perhaps 2014 could have been for either Kopi and Doughty too. If you are the best but loose the final, you don’t win either.

Trophy’s suck. I despise them because people can’t deal with it.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm kinda shocked there are differing opinions on this, if feels obvious as hell to me:

Drew and Kopi are locks
Quick is borderline but will likely eventually get in
Brown isn't getting in

This. As others have said, goalies are tough when it comes to the hall, the voters are weird. He has a real good chance, but not a for sure. Might have to hire some high priced oil lobbists to get him the votes.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Just wondering, are the voting results made public for the Conn Smythe Trophy? Always wondered who finished 2nd and 3rd in 2012 and 2014.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dominoes are moving. Weber helps AZ stay above the floor for CHEAP money when they finally pull the trigger on moves.

Zaitsev moves some cap for ottawa and gets some more draft currency for Chi

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
On Sirius NHL they were discussing how Tortorella used a time out when Calgary came back to tie Philly with 2 goals in 4 min early in the 3rd, Philly scored the game winner 2-1/2 minutes later.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Kinda weird a player might have a statue but not be in HHOF. Especially when the commissioning GM is a former league executive.
So I will continue to disagree.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

Just in Coyotes & Ducks in a bidding war for Tanev.

Torts sat Sanheim in a game he had 16 tickets out for family and friends. It’s time to pounce on Fletcher and nab him.
From Philly's trade deadline section, they are looking for centers. Why with their record?

Reactions: Kudelski37

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Any contender that lands Kane potentially will get a really good revitalized player

As long as it;s not Vegas. Once again they used the LTIR loophole plus moved Webers injury contact and a pick to get extra cap space. They could end up with a 100 mil cap come playoffs.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
As long as it;s not Vegas. Once again they used the LTIR loophole plus moved Webers injury contact and a pick to get extra cap space. They could end up with a 100 mil cap come playoffs.
The loophole should be plugged. TB used it and got a cup.. that deserves an asterisk to me

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Dominoes are moving. Weber helps AZ stay above the floor for CHEAP money when they finally pull the trigger on moves.

Zaitsev moves some cap for ottawa and gets some more draft currency for Chi

The NHL should be embarrassed that these kinds of deals continue to keep happening.

What is the lineup over the past decade for players on the Coyotes "payroll" who never suited up.

Pronger
Weber
Datsyuk
Hossa
Ladd

It's a Mickey Mouse organization

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The NHL should be embarrassed that these kinds of deals continue to keep happening.

What is the lineup over the past decade for players on the Coyotes "payroll" who never suited up.

Pronger
Weber
Datsyuk
Hossa
Ladd

Pronger on the Coyotes "payroll" while working for the NHL player safety will be tough to beat.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
It's garbage and they have teams still giving Vegas openings the game the system like they did when they started out. The Coyotes should just be folded into a dumpster. They are a place teams dump bad contracts.

At the other end though, Vegas is basically leveraging everything to win a Cup. It's like at some point, the floor is just going to open up and swallow them with all the maneuvering they are doing.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's garbage and they have teams still giving Vegas openings the game the system like they did when they started out. The Coyotes should just be folded into a dumpster. They are a place teams dump bad contracts.

At the other end though, Vegas is basically leveraging everything to win a Cup. It's like at some point, the floor is just going to open up and swallow them with all the maneuvering they are doing.

AZ: "challenge accepted"

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Pronger
Weber
Datsyuk
Hossa
Ladd

Yeah, but didn't all these guys go into the HOF as Coyotes? Aren't they in the same wing as renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. Shane Doan?

Not until they build the arena. ASU's basketball team needs a new home.

The Phoenix metropolitan area has never met a sports arena it didn't want to build for billionaire owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad