Around the League - OFFSEASON?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Just too sad ... so many ruined families

RIP Johnny Gaudreau - Stickied for now

Such a senseless loss. Can't imagine what the parents/family are dealing with. Cruel.
forums.hfboards.com
forums.hfboards.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think for there to be some sort of honest exploration of McDavid to Toronto you want to see the Leafs decisively outperform Oilers over the next two years. The worse the better for Edmonton and if they return to severe dysfunction that's perfect - he's gone to chase a legacy and everybody understands. I don't see it happening if he's cup(s) chasing.

Although if Marner is retained with an nmc then that honest exploration is probably short lived - maybe we lay low on nmc's altogether for a bit.

Yeah I would agree with that. Back around 2021-ish in the Canadian Division is the kind of competitive balance between Toronto and Edmonton that would favour us and pave the way for a McDavid pursuit… We shut down the Oilers every time we play them and are ahead in the pursuit of a championship. Since then they’ve really crept out and built a big lead. At first glance I don’t know if we have the pieces on D to close the gap again. But you never know.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
McDavid to the Leafs in his prime would definitely be the dream and Draisaitl re-signing would seem to indicate they plan on sticking together in Edmonton at first glance, but so much could happen too. Edmonton wins a cup and it's mission accomplished, going home. Or Edmonton takes a step or two back and all bets are off. And the dark horse question is what kind of cap flexibility does Toronto carry into the offseason two years from now? They will have had to make a commitment or walk away from Marner by then, clouding the picture or leaving a big gap in the Toronto roster. Tavares could be gone or on a deep discount. Woll and Knies will be post current deals.

Lots of interesting questions to say the least .I'd imagine MLSE would do a full on blitz if McDavid even hinted at free agency

Reactions: ACC1224

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Lots of interesting questions to say the least .I'd imagine MLSE would do a full on blitz if McDavid even hinted at free agency

I think they’re trying to lay some groundwork now with the ongoing Matthews and McDavid offseason schmoozing.

Reactions: Menzinger

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
With Leon signing, l doubt McDavid reaches FA. The Oilers will give him his money.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Hey guys, what are some of the things you all miss from CapFriendly compared to the current options? I posted a thread in the main boards but I know you guys are more active :laugh:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Hey guys, what are some of the things you all miss from CapFriendly compared to the current options? I posted a thread in the main boards but I know you guys are more active :laugh:

Seems either I am learning more each use, or CapWages continues to make updates, bringing it closer to CapFriendly.

Haven't used all the features so other more experienced should have some suggestions?

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Been there a few times but found it did not flow, but I was used to the Capfriendly flow.

If you're feeling nostalgic for Capfriendly, it lives on in spirit in the form of Salaryswish for the NBA...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

This isn't ground breaking.

“To me, we've still got five weeks or so till camp. And, you know, we're not set yet. We continue to look at ways to make our team better," Treliving responded. "I said at the end of the year we're going to look at everything. Sometimes people fall in love with ' 'let's make a big change just to make a big change'. At the end of the day, you can go out and make big changes. If they're not making your team better, to me it doesn't make any sense to just make a change just to stand up and say 'look at it, we made this big change.'"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad