Around the League - OFFSEASON?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Just too sad ... so many ruined families

RIP Johnny Gaudreau - Stickied for now

Such a senseless loss. Can't imagine what the parents/family are dealing with. Cruel.
forums.hfboards.com
forums.hfboards.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Except for when his team is playing in the finals or the first few days after they win, is there ever a time a good GM isn't "working on a move"?
Answer: Yes. Who? Answer: Treliving.

I am told that he likes to do most of his work in the offseason, and only do minor tinkering at the trade deadline. Um...like most GMs.

;)

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Answer: Yes. Who? Answer: Treliving.

I am told that he likes to do most of his work in the offseason, and only do minor tinkering at the trade deadline. Um...like most GMs.

;)
If he's "like most GMs", then the answer to "Who" should be "most GMs".

They may not be actively in the middle of a deal at any time, but I'm sure most if not all GMs are always thinking about making their team better.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

$350k in the minors

That is a decent number for living in Calgary.

Still get a really nice place for less than $1.5mm

If you want a 35 drive to the arena ...

in the city probably probably around 30 minutes

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

$350k in the minors

Water issues and communist mayor aside………

Reactions: PromisedLand

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

$350k in the minors

I’d be surprised if a guy on a two way 1 year contract would be looking to buy a house.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Just reading about CBJ scrambling to find a couple players and salary to hit the minimum cap. Not usually giving a damn about any other teams hard times, but you gotta be pulling for CBJ a bit this year right?

Reactions: andora and LiseL

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Just reading about CBJ scrambling to find a couple players and salary to hit the minimum cap. Not usually giving a damn about any other teams hard times, but you gotta be pulling for CBJ a bit this year right?
They were going to be a near bottom of the league team with Gaudreau. They have a lot of years to go before they get better.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
NR + JT
for
Jenner

That should help them for this year, and maybe save JT $1mm in taxes.

Thanks but no thanks on the Jenner front. One of those guys who has been on the Leaf Nation radar for so long he's turned into a 13 year old guy with a lot of mileage and wear and tear.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
JT to CBJ makes a whole lot of sense if he was willing to waive. They get the $11m cap hit but only owe him $1m for the year and JT get #1C minutes so he can get the points he needs to get him to the HOF. JT can resign here in a year.

Just when you thought Tavares was a cap dump, he becomes a trade chip with value in a trade with a desperate CBJ team.

Last edited:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
JT to CBJ makes a whole lot of sense if he was willing to waive. They get the $11m cap hit but only owe him $1m for the year and JT get #1C minutes so he can get the points he needs to get him to the HOF. JT can resign here in a year.

Just when you thought Tavares was a cap dump, he becomes a trade chip with value in a trade with a desperate CBJ team.
JT and MM for Monahan, Werenski and 2nd rounder.
Then trade Lilly to another team for a mid 6 forward.

Reactions: rumman

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I commend you guys for dreaming up new ways to make us worse with every proposal. JT + NR for Jenner is terrible and moving Marner as well for that package is even worse. Jeez. Change for the sake of change.

Reactions: Jmo89

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Kyle Dubas has hired a number of Leafs' front office staff since taking over in Pittsburgh and it appears as though the Pens GM and President may be at it again.​

It didn't take long for Jason Spezza to join Kyle Dubas in Pittsburgh and since then, the Leafs have lost a number of front office staff to the Penguins. Dubas' biggest acquisition of Leafs staff members came back in July, when he scooped up Wes Clark, prying the scouting guru from Toronto. Now, per reports, the Leafs have lost another valuable member of the organization.

According to Around the Horn, the Leafs have now parted ways with amateur scout Victor Carneiro and one can only assume that Dubas is behind the move.

Carneiro was the Director Player Personnel for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds reporting to Dubas before joining the Leafs, once again under Dubas. Dubas is loyal to his people, but many believe he is too loyal, given the lack of NHL success he has had as a general manager.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I commend you guys for dreaming up new ways to make us worse with every proposal. JT + NR for Jenner is terrible and moving Marner as well for that package is even worse. Jeez. Change for the sake of change.

Yes, change for change is a thing.

JT gets out of the CRA grasp ... and for those who will only accept him back with a Spezza deal it should be a huge win. He isn't signing a Spezza deal.

NR doesn't want to be playing for the Leafs, so his distraction is gone.

Leafs free up around $9mm in space.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yes, change for change is a thing.

JT gets out of the CRA grasp ... and for those who will only accept him back with a Spezza deal it should be a huge win. He isn't signing a Spezza deal.

NR doesn't want to be playing for the Leafs, so his distraction is gone.

Leafs free up around $9mm in space.
I would vreally love to know why Nick Robertson wants out, without perspective I can’t understand it………

Reactions: Al14 and ULF_55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad