Around the League - OFFSEASON?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Just too sad ... so many ruined families

RIP Johnny Gaudreau - Stickied for now

Such a senseless loss. Can't imagine what the parents/family are dealing with. Cruel.
forums.hfboards.com
forums.hfboards.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Trotz's plan to get aggressively better and older isn't typical Nashville. Askarov was drafted before all that.
I think they altered the plan as they made the playoffs and should had won the round if it not for that epic 3-1 failure with 2 mins left. They also contained the Nucks with like 14 shots the game before but lost the game. In a way, they played like the Leafs in the first round, lol.

Say what you want about Stammer and Marchessault but these two will score goals for the Preds esp Marchessault where he is once again playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Reactions: leafs in five

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I don't think it is that high.

Pick in the late 20's.
Is there a blue-chipper involved at all?
late 20s? Youre that confident in Vegas' roster?

Vegas finished 14th in the league last year, and IMO their roster has gotten worse. Plus Mark stone, who knows how long they will sit him out this year.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I see Vegas maybe 5-7th in the West, that pick will be 17-20th, the Sharks will flatten for Gavin and still have their own pick.

Goalies are a crapshoot - but goalies who claw into the middle of the 1st have a better chance panning out, and his AHL numbers are decent.

Scary to imagine the return if he didn’t ask for a trade.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
I see Vegas maybe 5-7th in the West, that pick will be 17-20th, the Sharks will flatten for Gavin and still have their own pick.

Goalies are a crapshoot - but goalies who claw into the middle of the 1st have a better chance panning out, and his AHL numbers are decent.

Scary to imagine the return if he didn’t ask for a trade.
Apparently there were three teams bidding to the end, so it should resemble close to full value. I don't think goalie prospects or draft picks are properly valued in the market.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It's not fully top-10 protected, fwiw
If VGK's pick is in the top 10, San Jose can choose between the VGK pick or their own, but if both the VGK and SJS pick are top 10s, NSH gets a top 10.

Well, VGK could fall, San Jose could rise :partytime:.

Oh, never mind, VGK will be in the playoffs and San Jose will be planning for the next season.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Doesn't sound like Swayman is going to give any hometown discounts to the Bruins on his new contract. Still stung by arbitration last summer. About time the Bruins actually had to pay market value.

Bruins RFA Swayman strikes new tone on contract talks: 'I've educated myself'

I would say it’s continuing the trend.
Pastrnak gave no discount
McAvoy gave no discount
Lindholm & Zadorov are market value

The only player who ever really gave them much of a notable discount was Bergeron tbh

The bruins over the years have gotten a lot of mileage from congratulating themselves for discounts they never actually gave. It’s just like Draisaitl, did he give the Oilers a discount all these years or was he just not even close to the player he became when he signed that deal… it’s the latter

Last edited:

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
There was someone who posted on X that began with I am not 100% sure…..Johnny Hockey and his family died in a car accident and that person took down the tweet.

I hope Johnny and the victims are okay.

But people really need to be responsible with what they post on social media. I understand the constant need of attention is part of society now but these are just negative attentions.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
I would say it’s continuing the trend.
Pastrnak gave no discount
McAvoy gave no discount
Lindholm & Zadorov are market value

The only player who ever really gave them much of a notable discount was Bergeron tbh

The bruins over the years have gotten a lot of mileage from congratulating themselves for discounts they never actually gave. It’s just like Draisaitl, did he give the Oilers a discount all these years or was he just not even close to the player he became when he signed that deal… it’s the latter
Actually Marchand's contract is pretty laughable. He signed at 6,125,000 which is crazy underpaid by league standards and his numbers. Yet still he prodded publicly about Marners contract demands before Mitch signed while smirking. March is past it now but wayyyy underpaid, while chuckling at Marner who's taking home twice his bank. "Took one for the spoke" and cost himself tens of millions.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Actually Marchand's contract is pretty laughable. He signed at 6,125,000 which is crazy underpaid by league standards and his numbers. Yet still he prodded publicly about Marners contract demands before Mitch signed while smirking. March is past it now but wayyyy underpaid, while chuckling at Marner who's taking home twice his bank. "Took one for the spoke" and cost himself tens of millions.

Didn’t Marchand break out offensively after he signed that deal

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
What an absolute tragedy. It is suppose to be his sisters wedding today. His brother was with him when this happened and also died. What an awful thing to go through as a family when its suppose to be one of your happiest days of your life. I really hope his sister isnt filled with guilt but man that is going to be tough to over come.

My condolences to everyone involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad