Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
agreed, credit where credit is due they are fast and skilled and very effective in their game. they were the cup favorites for a reason and they showed it. as landeskog said after the game to the reporter asking what other teams can do to be like the avs, " get a cale makar copy". that dude is ridiculous.

No kidding there, Makar is something else. The top of that 2017 draft really shook out well for the avs.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
its not the HF Av fans, its all the other social media outlets where every single post they swarm in and talk even if its not about an Av player.
Exactly; their reporters are some of the worst in the league and their fans are always playing the victim card.

As for getting a Makar type - I think a LOT of teams will be looking for fast, skilled defensemen. As much as I love Brodin, and okay with Spurgeon and Dumba - our defense does not produce a ton of offense. Guys like Fox, Makar, and even to some extent Josi (he's getting up there in age, but putting up points), Hedman and Hughes are what Minnesota should be looking for in defensemen.

I don't see that in Lambos, O'Reilly and I think Peart and Hunt are going to be very poor man versions. My fear is that Guerin is an old school guy and sees more of a physical defenseman as better than an offensive defenseman.

Reactions: Spurgeon

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Exactly; their reporters are some of the worst in the league and their fans are always playing the victim card.

As for getting a Makar type - I think a LOT of teams will be looking for fast, skilled defensemen. As much as I love Brodin, and okay with Spurgeon and Dumba - our defense does not produce a ton of offense. Guys like Fox, Makar, and even to some extent Josi (he's getting up there in age, but putting up points), Hedman and Hughes are what Minnesota should be looking for in defensemen.

I don't see that in Lambos, O'Reilly and I think Peart and Hunt are going to be very poor man versions. My fear is that Guerin is an old school guy and sees more of a physical defenseman as better than an offensive defenseman.
i dont think its just on the defense though. if we had makar he wouldnt be quite as good for us because of the roster built currently. we are not built enough on speed and skill to compliment makar the way the current avs are. he would still be good im not going to discredit him in that regard but if we want the big mean defense we need to construct our team properly to suit the style. thats my only concern is the way they talk about being able to play all styles of play yet when we try to play that nasty physical style we tend to lose more often than not. i am all for losing the mindset that we need to get nasty to win if that is the way our roster will be built. we are too much of a mixture of misfit toys that are not one style and it sometimes becomes frustrating.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm happy for Kemps and Sturm. I don't hate the Avs like some on here. To me they are just another team in the Division.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
With Kuemper out in Colorado, I think it's gonna be Fleury's top choice. I don't care if he re-signs here or not, but I don't want to dislike the guy. For the love of God....anywhere but the Avs, Flower. Don't do it. Don't join those $#%@bags.

Edit: Didn't see the full trade and saw the Avs picked up a net minder. So hopefully that puts an end to it.

ShortPeter6

Feb 8, 2022
With Kuemper out in Colorado, I think it's gonna be Fleury's top choice. I don't care if he re-signs here or not, but I don't want to dislike the guy. For the love of God....anywhere but the Avs, Flower. Don't do it. Don't join those $#%@bags.
At this point in his career Kuemper is arguably better anyways.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Pittsburgh only cares about the first 3-4 years. That signing was all about the cap hit. They're going to demolish that team before his contract is up.

ShortPeter6

Feb 8, 2022
146CE4EF-4C09-4310-B833-6032597E21CB.png

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Saw a report saying P. Kane will be asking for a trade come Wednesday. The report claims he wants to go to NYR. If that happens the blackhawks would be so unbearable to watch for quite some time and I am all for it.

They're going to be historically bad, and I here for it. Especially if they lose the lottery next year and draft like 4th. Which I think they deserve.

Absolutely zero reason to hang on to Kane. 1 Year left, and still an elite wing that should garner some great assets. The Rangers will need to move money, as they sit with ~$10.2M of cap space, but only have 9 forwards, 6 defensemen, and 1 tender signed. They have the draft capital, young defensemen, and if they can move money elsewhere, they can make it happen and they'd be greatly improved.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
They're going to be historically bad, and I here for it. Especially if they lose the lottery next year and draft like 4th. Which I think they deserve.

Absolutely zero reason to hang on to Kane. 1 Year left, and still an elite wing that should garner some great assets. The Rangers will need to move money, as they sit with ~$10.2M of cap space, but only have 9 forwards, 6 defensemen, and 1 tender signed. They have the draft capital, young defensemen, and if they can move money elsewhere, they can make it happen and they'd be greatly improved.
I am 100% for them blowing it up completely and taking a decade to get a top 5 pick.

I agree Kane should be traded ASAP to the highest bidder and Toews should not be too far behind him.

Id be sure to play our ECHL goalie vs them every time we play just so they win 5 games a year purely out of spite and to ruin their draft position. ill sacrifice 10 points for it.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I am 100% for them blowing it up completely and taking a decade to get a top 5 pick.

I agree Kane should be traded ASAP to the highest bidder and Toews should not be too far behind him.

Id be sure to play our ECHL goalie vs them every time we play just so they win 5 games a year purely out of spite and to ruin their draft position. ill sacrifice 10 points for it.

@57special can be the EBUG those nights and I will make sure MAF & Cam have issues on the way to the rink.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
[B]@57special can be the EBUG those nights[/B] and I will make sure MAF & Cam have issues on the way to the rink.
Ya, like f*** that. It was bad enough enough being a stand up goalie with plexi masks... now goalies make like Romanian gymnasts while wearing Fat Suits.

I'd rather go to jail.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Ya, like f*** that. It was bad enough enough being a stand up goalie with plexi masks... now goalies make like Romanian gymnasts while wearing Fat Suits.

I'd rather go to jail.
Don't worry, I'll stand in for you as the EEBUG
Or would it be EBBUG?

Wabit

May 23, 2016

This is the equivalent of the Vikings intentionally tanking both their games against the Bears in a NFL season. Sure It'll hurt the Bears draft position. It hurts the Vikings more: lose home field, a 1st round bye, or even the Playoffs completely.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
This is the equivalent of the Vikings intentionally tanking both their games against the Bears in a NFL season. Sure It'll hurt the Bears draft position. It hurts the Vikings more: lose home field, a 1st round bye, or even the Playoffs completely.
I don’t want us having home ice in the playoffs considering we always lose in that scenario anyway. Break the jynx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad