Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Weird to say because this is like the ONLY thing I remember from I think it was… NHL 11? NHL 09?
I remember my brothers playing and the announcers would say something to the effect of:

“… Ryan Miller huh? Seems like a cup will for sure be in his future, he’s that talented”.

And he never won one… sad day.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Poms and Vanek next
Pominville actually is eighth among Sabres all-time for scoring -- maybe there's a chance.

If your franchise all-time leader for wins and the leading American all-time for wins (he actually has more career wins than Dominik Hasek, Mike Vernon, Miikka Kiprusoff, Pekka Rinne and Carey Price) isn't a good choice for being honored, I guess I'm not sure who would be.

Seems like a weird thing to try and dunk on, especially for Wild fans. (Although Koivu would be third in career points for the Sabres -- pretty good!)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Pominville actually is eighth among Sabres all-time for scoring -- maybe there's a chance.

If your franchise all-time leader for wins and the leading American all-time for wins (he actually has more career wins than Dominik Hasek, Mike Vernon, Miikka Kiprusoff, Pekka Rinne and Carey Price) isn't a good choice for being honored, I guess I'm not sure who would be.

Seems like a weird thing to try and dunk on, especially for Wild fans. (Although Koivu would be third in career points for the Sabres -- pretty good!)
I didn't dunk on anything, just thought it was unexpected. Then when reading the mains, most there agreed with that thought.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Miller won a Vezina and even got some Hart votes in Buffalo so it's way more justified to retire his number than Koivu's, they're not the same.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Reactions: 7dayBender

7dayBender

Jun 4, 2021
SW Minnesota
Figured someone would. From the little I've seen plus stat watching he appears to at least have a chance at an NHL career. I'm not convinced he wasn't worth the 2nd round pick the Wild will get back, but I guess that depends on who they draft with it.
We have Vancouver's 2nd rounder this year (McBain trade) as well, so we basically just traded him for two late seconds? W?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
We have Vancouver's 2nd rounder this year (McBain trade) as well, so we basically just traded him for two late seconds? W?
I feel like that's an odd way of looking at it since, to my knowledge, the McBain trade isn't in any way related. No, I'm sticking with it being Johansson for a late 2nd which, BTW, might be an alright trade. I'm not totally against that, I'm just not ecstatic about it. Probably means it's fair value.

Also remember that a 2nd was traded for Fleury. Could have had 2 2nds and Johnasson, or 3 2nds.

Reactions: 7dayBender

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I feel like that's an odd way of looking at it since, to my knowledge, the McBain trade isn't in any way related. No, I'm sticking with it being Johansson for a late 2nd which, BTW, might be an alright trade. I'm not totally against that, I'm just not ecstatic about it. Probably means it's fair value.

Also remember that a 2nd was traded for Fleury. Could have had 2 2nds and Johnasson, or 3 2nds.

Could look at it like this:

To Vancouver: Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland, Filip Johansson
To Arizona: 2021st (1st) round pick, 2023 (7th) Round pick, Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, Jack McBain
To Minnesota: Vancouver's 2nd round pick, 2nd Round pick from the league

I'm happy to get at least something for Johansson than nothing, especially given that this team changed regimes and knew Johansson was a bust pick.

He hasn't exactly been moving heaven and earth over there.

Was going to say face offs, but his face offs aren't great.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I want a COL to win in a sweep. Mainly to get the season over with sooner.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm almost there myself. While I don't relish seeing some the Avs posters on this board (not all, some are cool guys) get their grand prize of fandom, and I certainly don't look forward to seeing how much more obnoxious those posters can get, I'd rather just get this show on the road. It'll be late June even if it's a sweep. Let's get this thing over with a bit sooner next time, NHL, I've got outside to do!

Reactions: thestonedkoala

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
boo-boo-this-man.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad