Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sturm isn't exactly killing it in CO. 3pts in 21 gp in the regular season (54.63% on FO's), and 1 point in 6gp in the playoffs. Wonder of he is hurt?

Those numbers won't win him much of a contract as a FA.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Sturm isn't exactly killing it in CO. 3pts in 21 gp in the regular season (54.63% on FO's), and 1 point in 6gp in the playoffs. Wonder of he is hurt?

Those numbers won't win him much of a contract as a FA.
Did you check Meyers by chance? How did he fair in the limited amount of games he played in the regular season

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Did you check Meyers by chance? How did he fair in the limited amount of games he played in the regular season
Just one goal in five games but he is tied for the scoring lead on Team USA at the World Championships, helping them contend for a medal when probably most people thought they had no chance of anything.

Not sure I've ever seen a guy play in the WC versus the Stanley Cup playoffs btw. Curious how that worked out.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Just one goal in five games but he is tied for the scoring lead on Team USA at the World Championships, helping them contend for a medal when probably most people thought they had no chance of anything.

Not sure I've ever seen a guy play in the WC versus the Stanley Cup playoffs btw. Curious how that worked out.
Meyers wasn’t eligible to play in the playoffs.

Reactions: Sad People

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And let the most obnoxious and entitled fans in the game get anywhere near a Cup? Hell nah!
Newsflash, they've already been there.

Also, newsflash... Oilers fans would be beyond insufferable. I remember the last time the Oil got close... thank goodness they went through a decade of terrible hockey after.

Reactions: Ladde

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Hurricane PP looks a lot like the Wild's. Slow passes around the perimeter to waste time, then fire an unscreened wrister from the circle.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Messier Finals (EDM/NYR) is the finals the NHL needs. 2 huge fanbases, both Canada and the US.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
And let the most obnoxious and entitled fans in the game get anywhere near a Cup? Hell nah!
Oilers fans are much more obnoxious, entitled and anoying than Avs fans and its not even close to me. They are the Leaf fans of the west and even they are much better to me than Oilers fans.

Reactions: TaLoN

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I have tuned out of the playoffs. Three of the teams I dislike the most are now in the Finals; Edmonton, New York and Colorado
im sorry but playoff mcdavid vs mckinnon and makar. how can you not watch? i hate the avs with a passion but im watching every single game just to see the high end talent going head to head.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I have tuned out of the playoffs. Three of the teams I dislike the most are now in the Finals; Edmonton, New York and Colorado
I'll probably tune out now, as well. There's nothing at stake for the Wild (draft position was still, this last round) and I don't really love any of the remaining teams. I'll watch highlights of the Avs-Oilers, just for the high end guys on both sides, but that's about where I'm at now.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
im sorry but playoff mcdavid vs mckinnon and makar. how can you not watch? i hate the avs with a passion but im watching every single game just to see the high end talent going head to head.
Because of the fans. The Av fans and the Oiler fans are going to be insufferable.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Edmonton must intentionally give up a million goals in game 1s. I guess that's part of the plan?

Reactions: 57special

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm not super provincial, but K'Andre Miller being good is pretty cool.
Just further proof for me how crap Tony Granato is at coaching. He looked awful his sophomore year at Wisconsin.

Holy crap, the Lightning had two cross crease opportunities to tie it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Geez...Tampa is gonna screw this up and allow the #$@!bags in Colorado to waltz right to a championship. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad