Around the League 45: The Stanley Cup is in God's Waiting Room

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Something tells me that we aren't going to see threads for the next 10 years about how Edmonton won the Offer Sheets because the 2 players didn't immediately turn into all stars
If STL gives Broberg an 8 year deal, we may.

Broberg carries a lot of risk for STL, who already has an expensive defense corps. Broberg had a very Haydn Fleury 2020 playoffs esque run there. Does it continue or does he flame out too?

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
So why trade Ceci? Now Edmonton is left with:

Nurse-Bouchard
Ekholm-Brown
Kulak-???

I may not have the pairings right, but those are the 5 NHL D they have signed. #6 right now would be Ty Emberson who came back in the Ceci trade, but he only played 30 games in San Jose last year.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Nurse-Bouchard
Ekholm-Brown
Kulak-???

I may not have the pairings right, but those are the 5 NHL D they have signed. #6 right now would be Ty Emberson who came back in the Ceci trade, but he only played 30 games in San Jose last year.
Generate cap space to make a trade deadline deal for a good one?

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

Nurse-Bouchard
Ekholm-Brown
Kulak-???

The only reason that doesn't rival some of our worst defensive groupings ever during the dark era is because they have Bouchard...yea that's about it

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
1724165073637.png

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

Nurse-Bouchard
Ekholm-Brown
Kulak-???

Seems they missed out in this great Dman also.
Screenshot_20240820-121410_Chrome.jpg

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Seems they missed out in this great Dman also.
View attachment 902155
Days I wish the ESPN screen grab of "New Jersey Devils vs Carolina Panthers" with the Devils and Florida Panthers logos could still be found.

First two things that come to mind:

Philadelphia wants to put Johansen on LTIR but he won't see the team doctor to be diagnosed with a long-term injury.

Or Johansen injured himself in the off-season and Philadelphia is claiming the injury was due to a prohibited activity.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I'm surprised that Edmonton did not match for Broberg. With the Podkolzin trade, I get not matching Holloway, as they're pretty equivalent. But this isn't good for the Oilers. They practically got strip-mined because they didn't plan out sufficient cap space for the kinds of young guys who potentially could've reduced their UFA dependency in the medium-term, at least a little bit. Now St. Louis's little retooling project has received a significant boost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad