Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
They played in Landover MD (where the Commies are now) for decades. This is not a new thing for sports teams, DC ones in particular. DC is geographically tiny due to the artificial legal constraints on its boundaries, this is like saying that Harvard isn't in Boston. Technically true, but stupidly misleading.

The first NHL games I ever saw in person were in the Caps Center. Buddy and I used to take road trips from college in VA to catch some weekend games. I remember Tim Kerr dropping 4 on the Caps one night, Rod Langway tackling Ron Duguay right in front of the net as time expired for a non-call in a big late-season game, and Charlie Bourgeois scoring a solo breakaway goal on Pat Riggin.

Plus we made a one-time trip to see the old Baltimore Skipjacks play the Hershey Bears. Hershey's goalie was some no-name called Hextall, never heard from again.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
The first NHL games I ever saw in person were in the Caps Center. Buddy and I used to take road trips from college in VA to catch some weekend games. I remember Tim Kerr dropping 4 on the Caps one night, Rod Langway tackling Ron Duguay right in front of the net as time expired for a non-call in a big late-season game, and Charlie Bourgeois scoring a solo breakaway goal on Pat Riggin.

Plus we made a one-time trip to see the old Baltimore Skipjacks play the Hershey Bears. Hershey's goalie was some no-name called Hextall, never heard from again.
1702575474569.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad