Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
On main board tied to Devils but interesting data points:

I love how that pretty much says the Western Conference sucks.

We have the 3rd easiest Metro and like 6th easiest Eastern Conference schedule remaining, but it's still top half of the league in difficulty.

Reactions: Tryamw

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I love how that pretty much says the Western Conference sucks.

We have the 3rd easiest Metro and like 6th easiest Eastern Conference schedule remaining, but it's still top half of the league in difficulty.

That site only uses composite power rankings from 4 other sites to determine the SoS. The problem is that their data doesn't even lineup with the power rankings they say they are using. Power rankings also change week to week, so this is extremely erratic.I'm pretty sure just last week the Canes had like 3rd most difficult schedule in the league there. Not to mention that it doesn't factor in home/away/travel remaining in the schedule.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Craig Smith is on waivers from Boston.

Our “play it close to the cap” offseason strategy probably blocks us from capitalizing on this, but I bet he’d look good in a Canes uniform.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Craig Smith is on waivers from Boston.

Our “play it close to the cap” offseason strategy probably blocks us from capitalizing on this, but I bet he’d look good in a Canes uniform.
He’s a Rod style of player imo, and one that at times has shown a bit of skill. Potentially an upgrade in the bottom six, especially useful if one of those guys is hurt. I wouldn’t be shocked, but it would lead to a logjam. If Drury was going back down it would be a bit more likely, though I doubt that.

Biggest reason against would be cap motivated, we’re probably saving every penny for possible deadline uses.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This is a very much a “hey barber” move that’s in social media if you’ve seen him. I wonder how far his influence is felt, and if this move originated from him. Awesome to see it used in a high level game situation.

It’s funny because this has been circulating on Twitter for 2 days and no one (myself included) seemed to realize he missed the net until today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad