Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
The sky is really falling in Leaf land. Lets see how the next month goes. Could be fun
tenor.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Dahlin has been great this season, but Thompson is still the biggest unicorn.

Sure, but we've discussed him already a few times so I didn't feel the need to repeat it. Dahlin is way more physical this year, very calm with the puck and looking like the guy that everyone raved about at the draft. It takes time for many defensemen but he's a stud.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
That the reply to 'they finally have a direction' is to pick up him.

Nothing against Reimer but they commited to Comrie and they won't dump him after 10 games.
Doesn’t hurt to add some insurance. Comrie is not proven at all and their backup is 41 year old Craig Anderson. They’re not going to go anywhere with that tandem.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Doesn’t hurt to add some insurance. Comrie is not proven at all and their backup is 41 year old Craig Anderson. They’re not going to go anywhere with that tandem.
Comrie has several 40+ games seasons in the AHL so he has at least proven he can handle that kind of workload. His numbers don't look pretty but can't remember him letting in any really bad goals, like last night 2 2on 1 and a 1 on 0 on the PP.
Also they have UPL for insurance and 2 guys coming out of college at the end of the season, they won't carry 3 goalies.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Comrie has several 40+ games seasons in the AHL so he has at least proven he can handle that kind of workload. His numbers don't look pretty but can't remember him letting in any really bad goals, like last night 2 2on 1 and a 1 on 0 on the PP.
Also they have UPL for insurance and 2 guys coming out of college at the end of the season, they won't carry 3 goalies.
All of those other options you listed are also unproven at the nhl level. What bearing would their guys coming out of college have on their current season? They’re not going to go into the playoffs with Comrie at his current level and Anderson. I’m not suggesting they so anything immediately but I’m sure it’s something they would consider further into the season. Reimer wouldn’t be expensive and you pretty much know what you’re getting from him.

Reactions: MinJaBen
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So the Senators could be for sale, and Ryan Reynolds is interested in buying them to ensure they stay in Ottawa. Which might be the coolest thing to happen to the Senators since the EK days

I understand how sad this is to say, but it actually would probably give the league quite a boost in general. Think about how many people now care about this 5th tier soccer team an ocean away.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Check that, now one 8 goal scorer, two 7 goal scorers and Dahlin with 6. Dahlin has really arrived. I've watched 3 games now and he's been fantastic.
Was telling a buddy at work who is a hockey fan before the season that I think the Sabres will surprise and make the playoffs as soon as this year. Still very early but they have some amazing players in place and finally good coaching. I could see them making a surprise deep playoff run like we did in 2018 and the Rags did last year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad