Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
So with word breaking over the weekend that the Habs tried to trade KK to us for Jarvis, which on its own head is hilariously bad, the thing that cracks me up the most is that there are still people in the media saying that the Canes made a retaliatory offer sheet and that the Habs still did well by doing what they did, and this showed that KK was not in their long term plan.

Bitch, they tried to have us trade Jarvis for him, that's the kind of offer that makes people walk away, so yeah, they either seriously overvalued KK or were pricing him prohibitively high. That offer sheet completely f***ed their plans, and its still tasty to this day. And that $4.8m AAV is going to look good this year, and stupidly cheap once the cap goes up.

KK for Jarvis made sense as a Montreal asking price because Bergevin drafted the guy at 3rd overall and probably genuinely valued the guy extremely highly (despite the gaslighting that some Habs fans will try to use). In reality, KK's true trade value was somewhere between what we paid for (late 1st and 3rd) and what Bergevin actually wanted (Jarvis). I would say the Dach trade was a good indicator of what would've actually been a fair return for KK (mid-1st and high 2nd). The Canes were able to pay less because Montreal was essentially caught with the pants down in regards to their cap situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
So with word breaking over the weekend that the Habs tried to trade KK to us for Jarvis, which on its own head is hilariously bad, the thing that cracks me up the most is that there are still people in the media saying that the Canes made a retaliatory offer sheet and that the Habs still did well by doing what they did, and this showed that KK was not in their long term plan.

Bitch, they tried to have us trade Jarvis for him, that's the kind of offer that makes people walk away, so yeah, they either seriously overvalued KK or were pricing him prohibitively high. That offer sheet completely f***ed their plans, and its still tasty to this day. And that $4.8m AAV is going to look good this year, and stupidly cheap once the cap goes up.
I can't tell you how badly I want JK to develop into a top 45 C league wide and for us to win Cups (plural) with him as a core piece. The "what ifs" from le habs fans for decades to come would be amazing.

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
I totally get the suspension.

I was just wondering how the league would respond to random accusations on Twitter in the future if this or some other case turns out to be false.

There are a lot of special kind of a-holes in the www. Complete shit show during playoffs involving star players? I hope we don't have to see that, but it's getting harder and harder to believe in humankind - thank you Internet.

Before all the recent events in hockey I would have been a lot more sceptical. If this is false, it's bad. If true, exponentially worse. Find all the guilty sexual and/or internet abusers and shoot em to the moon.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I can't tell you how badly I want JK to develop into a top 45 C league wide and for us to win Cups (plural) with him as a core piece. The "what ifs" from le habs fans for decades to come would be amazing.

When KK has been given an opportunity with quality players on his line, he collects points. If he's playing this season on a line with Svechnikov and a motivated Necas, I really think he could break out in a huge way. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if he has a 15 goal 35 assist kind of year this season. His passing is seriously underrated and with those line mates, he could have an absurd amount of primary and secondary assists.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
player suspensions based on criminal and/or sexual charges are less than fun on the main board. those should be banned imo

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
When KK has been given an opportunity with quality players on his line, he collects points. If he's playing this season on a line with Svechnikov and a motivated Necas, I really think he could break out in a huge way. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if he has a 15 goal 35 assist kind of year this season. His passing is seriously underrated and with those line mates, he could have an absurd amount of primary and secondary assists.
Oh I can easily see him getting 60+ points with those linemates, honestly. 20-25 goals and 35-40 assists. We need to see it to believe it but yeah in those few games he played up in the lineup when we were ravaged by covid he was borderline dominant. And the production we got from him playing on the 4th line was very very good. I don't see any reason it won't translate to 50+ points this year centering a few top 6 wingers, whether it stays Svech/Necas or Jarvis/Turbo/Patches (eventually)/etc.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Reactions: DaveG

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
TB suspending Ian cole over a random accusation from a twitter account that is one day old, with no followers, and appears to be made soley for the purpose of said accusation, is f***ing laughable.

I wonder. If the same accusation was made against a star player, in the same suspect manner, would the response be the same? What about if said accusation was leveled during a playoff run.

In our society, the accused should be granted the benefit of implied innocence until evidence is presented. Random twitter posts by accounts made to make such posts are apparently now the standard. I hope Carolina reacts better in the case something like that is done against our player.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
TB suspending Ian cole over a random accusation from a twitter account that is one day old, with no followers, and appears to be made soley for the purpose of said accusation, is f***ing laughable.

I wonder. If the same accusation was made against a star player, in the same suspect manner, would the response be the same? What about if said accusation was leveled during a playoff run.

In our society, the accused should be granted the benefit of implied innocence until evidence is presented. Random twitter posts by accounts made to make such posts are apparently now the standard. I hope Carolina reacts better in the case something like that is done against our player.

I would agree with you if Tampa was suspending him without pay. In this case, though, they are suspending him while still paying him. That tells me that the want to do their due diligence before throwing the book at him, which is way better than a lot of places or organizations out there.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Don't disagree but unfortunately in today's political climate + the Hockey Canada scandal it's guilty until proven innocent.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
It's hockey season!! TBL vs NYR. And that poor ref reciting his lines off the teleprompter with 0 emotion to start the hockey season

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad