Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I'm sad about no Nino this year. At the same time, I do get why Carolina did that, because Pacioretty is legitimately a huge offensive upgrade, though Nino was no slouch in that department, either.
I’d put serious money on we offered Nino a deal better than what he took in Nashville. It was early and not what the agent wanted. Then had to settle for the Nashville offer.

I don’t think Carolina did anything here.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I’d put serious money on we offered Nino a deal better than what he took in Nashville. It was early and not what the agent wanted. Then had to settle for the Nashville offer.

I don’t think Carolina did anything here.
wouldn't surprise me, probably the reason we went so hard after Marchment until Dallas came out of nowhere and snagged him.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
wouldn't surprise me, probably the reason we went so hard after Marchment until Dallas came out of nowhere and snagged him.
Actually, Dallas was the originally rumored team for Marchment and was the team that he wanted to play for because of the group of coaches there. Carolina essentially scared Dallas into offering $500K a year more.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I think we had Kase always in the rotation for a deal due to adding to the PP

Went from Nino to Marchment to Statsny for 3LW

Went from Tkachuk to Patches for scoring winger.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I missed that if that is the case
I forget his exact wording but he made it sound like we were never in the running. I’m doubting your scenario, though it would make us all feel better.

I don’t think he’s going to score some ridiculous amount but of all the guys we let go I think Nino’s contract would’ve been the one I would have us sign. Regardless of who we would’ve not gotten this off-season as a result.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I forget his exact wording but he made it sound like we were never in the running. I’m doubting your scenario, though it would make us all feel better.

I don’t think he’s going to score some ridiculous amount but of all the guys we let go I think Nino’s contract would’ve been the one I would have us sign. Regardless of who we would’ve not gotten this off-season as a result.
Keeping nino doesn’t make me feel better but I think we made an offer. Never in the running could mean so many things.

Reactions: cptjeff

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011

Nobody truly wins from a moral perspective from this guy being exposed as a POS, but from a hockey perspective, this is a massive boon for Haydn Fleury, because now with that guy likely to be terminated for cause, Haydn will get an incredible opportunity to play full time for the two-time Cup Champs and three-time finalists. From a PR perspective, this also makes Abby Labar, deservedly or undeservedly, a far more sympathetic figure than originally thought to be. From a financial perspective, it gives Tampa considerably more cap space to do more damage at the deadline than expected (again, if they are able to terminate him for cause).

Reactions: Tryamw

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Nobody truly wins from a moral perspective from this guy being exposed as a POS, but from a hockey perspective, this is a massive boon for Haydn Fleury, because now with that guy likely to be terminated for cause, Haydn will get an incredible opportunity to play full time for the two-time Cup Champs and three-time finalists. From a PR perspective, this also makes Abby Labar, deservedly or undeservedly, a far more sympathetic figure than originally thought to be. From a financial perspective, it gives Tampa considerably more cap space to do more damage at the deadline than expected (again, if they are able to terminate him for cause).
Actually…
I didn’t read that and immediately think about who benefited from the situation

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Wow. That introduces the possibility of Abby being somewhat victimized as much as her being a . . . [insert noun of your choice]. Really glad Cole is gone and the Canes don't have to deal with him and the aftermath of this report.
No Abby is an adult and responsible for her actions. The accusations against Cole are from kids and its sick.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
As I said in the offseason, Cole was brought in to be a steady veteran cup-winning positive locker room addition.

Instead, he takes dumb penalties and engages in an inappropriate relationship with Abby. The bad thing is he seemed like a good person. He graciously hugged a little girl who was conscious of her two front teeth missing but felt better when dad showed her a picture of Cole smiling without them. Obviously we didn't know it at the time but that moment of Cole being a role model backfired. Now hopefully the little girl looks up to Burns.

Anyways, good riddance and peace out.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Actually…
I didn’t read that and immediately think about who benefited from the situation

It's the truth that the fallout of one player's sick and, from what it sounds like, criminal behavior will lead to opportunities for other people like Haydn Fleury that, by all accounts, do the right thing in our society. I don't think that there's anything wrong about mentioning that fact. I also mention Tampa Bay because I truly don't think that they signed that guy with any knowledge of this. They probably knew about Abby Labar, but that was different because it was an adult-to-adult situation. This, OTOH, will deservedly kick him out of the league if it's corroborated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad