Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Svech was absolutely terrible last year's playoffs after the Lindholm hit for some reason. Up to the hit he was playing great, the hit was huge and set the tone for the series and then after that he just disappeared. If he wasn't invisible against the Rags I think we easily win that series. Completely agree that he needs to start stepping up in the playoffs.

Agreed. I'm not sure I'm so optimistic at this point though. Svech hasn't shown a lot of growth the past 1-2 seasons and seems kind of stagnant. It makes me wonder a bit if he has another gear/level to hit or if he's going to top out as "a little better player than Teravainen who lays some big hits once in a while".

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
A guy in Timo Meier that many people are drooling over seems like a pretty good comparable for Svech. Meier had one 60+ point season and one 30+ goal season (the same season) by age 24. Svech has 61 (in 68 games covid shortened), a 60+-point pace season in the second covid shortened year, last year's 30 goal/69 point season, and even this year with a massive drought in goal scoring he is pacing for about 30 goals and 68 points all before he turns 23. He may not be a superstar ever, though that's not totally out of the question, but he's a pretty high-end player even at this point and still has some room to grow. Development is far from linear.

We do need to get more production from him and some others in the playoffs at some point. But I also don't find it wise to draw too many conclusions from those small sample sizes personally.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Chip and chase vs controlled zone entry and rush based offense?

1676137373978.png

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
A guy in Timo Meier that many people are drooling over seems like a pretty good comparable for Svech. Meier had one 60+ point season and one 30+ goal season (the same season) by age 24. Svech has 61 (in 68 games covid shortened), a 60+-point pace season in the second covid shortened year, last year's 30 goal/69 point season, and even this year with a massive drought in goal scoring he is pacing for about 30 goals and 68 points all before he turns 23. He may not be a superstar ever, though that's not totally out of the question, but he's a pretty high-end player even at this point and still has some room to grow. Development is far from linear.

We do need to get more production from him and some others in the playoffs at some point. But I also don't find it wise to draw too many conclusions from those small sample sizes personally.
Genuine question, how consistent is Meier with his scoring? I ask because Svech (and even Aho and Turbo and even Necas a bit) is very hot and cold. When he's on, he will start collecting points but when he's off, he will go agonizingly long stretches without a goal. And those cold stretches kill us in the playoffs.

HydratedByStormBrew

Sep 26, 2022
Rally, NC
Genuine question, how consistent is Meier with his scoring? I ask because Svech (and even Aho and Turbo and even Necas a bit) is very hot and cold. When he's on, he will start collecting points but when he's off, he will go agonizingly long stretches without a goal. And those cold stretches kill us in the playoffs.
Svech has been the same player for 3 years. If he’s not going to consistently score I would like to see him use his body a lot more. He does make plays that do not show up in the stat sheet but we drafted him 2nd overall and (should) expect more from him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad