Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

Life comes at ya fast

high-ground-starwars.gif

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Considering the retention, taking a scrub like Blais back, and shipping out two solid rental players, it doesn't seem like the Blues did great. But I guess there are plenty of concerns with Tarasenko and his play this year.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I mean to be fair, he took that punch like a champ. Still got his ass handed to him, but I'm surprised he wasn't floored immediately with how well connected that first punch was.
You don't let a fatass swing on you from a height position like that. Fat dudes can do the stand and punch thing. I've been in a fight with a fat dude before, lol. That isn't how you do it. Gotta go for that knee little man. Once he goes down, he ain't getting up vs someone of fit size.

Job seekers, take note. Flyers in need of competent scouts. Because anyone who’s watched TonyD…at all…over the past few years could have told them that he’s a mess defensively.
"We forgot he was playing with Slavin, and that allowed him to be exactly what he is."

The Slavin TDA pairing was awesome. No defenseman can pass like TDA. He's a PMD, with a heavy offensive bias. We can take him back at 50% retained - for Coghlan?

HydratedByStormBrew

Sep 26, 2022
Rally, NC
You don't let a fatass swing on you from a height position like that. Fat dudes can do the stand and punch thing. I've been in a fight with a fat dude before, lol. That isn't how you do it. Gotta go for that knee little man. Once he goes down, he ain't getting up vs someone of fit size.
The mullet kid was also intoxicated and someone that ignorant to publicly call another caucasian male the n word while also being caucasian yourself and rocking a mullet is probably not a good indication of your fighting ability. And I for one am completely shocked this incident took place at a Dallas Stars game.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
The mullet kid was also intoxicated and someone that ignorant to publicly call another caucasian male the n word while also being caucasian yourself and rocking a mullet is probably not a good indication of your fighting ability. And I for one am completely shocked this incident took place at a Dallas Stars game.
Yeah the stars game I went to this year was actually really chill. Cool people all around. WAY more laid back thana canes game, LOL.

My wife was like - wow, they're kinda boring here. Not loud at all, and no HORN HORN HORN.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Considering the retention, taking a scrub like Blais back, and shipping out two solid rental players, it doesn't seem like the Blues did great. But I guess there are plenty of concerns with Tarasenko and his play this year.
That 1st rounder is all the value. This draft is deep. Guys like Schneider are going to be there in the 20s.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Stars vs Wild at that. If it was something like Boston, Rangers, Pittsburgh, or even Chicago or Buffalo (though can't say they've been too bad for a while as a fan base, Bills bandwagon hasn't joined back up yet) I'd be going "yep, this checks out".

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I feel like the Rangers are playing with house money here since they had two firsts from the Nils Lundqvist trade. From their perspective, they still are in great shape as they get to pick the better of two low firsts, and they didn't give much else up of consequence. I think the 3rd is the worst other asset they lost (I can't imagine the Rags will miss the playoffs).

The price on this one is still pretty high. Tank had a good year last year, but this year he's pacing for ~20 goals and is -18 (admittedly on a shit team). Horvat got more but he already had 31 goals this year, and Tank has 10. It's a lot to pay a 1st for a ho-hum player this year in the pure hopes that he'll find the gear. I mean Adam Henrique has 19 G already and will probably go for less and has a year of more term. He just screams Canes trade.

It is funny to compare this value of ~40 games of Tank for us getting 4 and a half years of a #2 defenseman, both for a low first rounder.

Edit - the Canes, more than any other team, have the cojones to wait on deals. Ain't no way we'll pay early to get a guy at a premium price. Right now, not only are you paying for a few extra games, you're in it with all the contenders. If we get to the day before the deadline, all of the sudden the sellers are feeling a bit more pinched to make a deal or get off the pot, so to speak. The other teams maybe want more time to acclimate the player and make sure they lock in a playoff spot so they feel a pressure to make a deal today. We're walking around looking for what's left at the thrift store.

HydratedByStormBrew

Sep 26, 2022
Rally, NC
I feel like the Rangers are playing with house money here since they had two firsts from the Nils Lundqvist trade. From their perspective, they still are in great shape as they get to pick the better of two low firsts, and they didn't give much else up of consequence. I think the 3rd is the worst other asset they lost (I can't imagine the Rags will miss the playoffs).

The price on this one is still pretty high. Tank had a good year last year, but this year he's pacing for ~20 goals and is -18 (admittedly on a shit team). Horvat got more but he already had 31 goals this year, and Tank has 10. It's a lot to pay a 1st for a ho-hum player this year in the pure hopes that he'll find the gear. I mean Adam Henrique has 19 G already and will probably go for less and has a year of more term. He just screams Canes trade.

It is funny to compare this value of ~40 games of Tank for us getting 4 and a half years of a #2 defenseman, both for a low first rounder.

Edit - the Canes, more than any other team, have the cojones to wait on deals. Ain't no way we'll pay early to get a guy at a premium price. Right now, not only are you paying for a few extra games, you're in it with all the contenders. If we get to the day before the deadline, all of the sudden the sellers are feeling a bit more pinched to make a deal or get off the pot, so to speak. The other teams maybe want more time to acclimate the player and make sure they lock in a playoff spot so they feel a pressure to make a deal today. We're walking around looking for what's left at the thrift store.
The Canes have what Gator likes to call “walking around money”.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And if they don't make moves to improve the current roster to give us the best chances of coming out of and rising above that glut, they'll feel the heat if they don't.

Just the nature of the game
True. And those, like you, who give them heat will complain and still re-up your season tickets, and the heat will be minimal.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Usage is key. DeAngelo is a very good player with particular flaws that get magnified on bad teams. Philly simply lacks the supporting cast to make DeAngelo effective.
In fairness, most teams don't have the supporting casts and a slot available. How many teams have a "Slavin" to support him as well as no other option in the top 4 so he can slide in? That's a narrow set of criteria and thus why he's not worth his contract. Good for him getting it though.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Stars vs Wild at that. If it was something like Boston, Rangers, Pittsburgh, or even Chicago or Buffalo (though can't say they've been too bad for a while as a fan base, Bills bandwagon hasn't joined back up yet) I'd be going "yep, this checks out".
The game I went to was stars wild. And I was told that was their big rivalry. There seemed to be a good few wild fans.

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad