Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Merriam-Webster Dictionary: Definition of PANSY

1: a garden plant (Viola wittrockiana) derived chiefly from the hybridization of the European Johnny-jump-up (Viola tricolor) with other wild violets
also : its flower
2 a - offensive : a weak or effeminate man or boy
—used as a term of abuse and disparagement

2 b - offensive : a gay man
—used as a term of abuse and disparagement

The point of my post wasn't about it being a slur or not, as that's not my call to make. My point was about the intent of your post in general and the reaction you got. That's fine though, just not my cup of tea.

When was this appended or is this just BBA doctoring the evidence 🤔?

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
So you want to insult my neighbor instead? (Yellow-bellied Sapsucker for the avian impaired)

YBSA_DavidBrislance_BBA.jpg
aw, love woodpeckers....no need to insult them.

I see many species here in Naples including just yesterday, a pair of Woody Woodpeckers (pileated woodpecker). Those are huge (but nowhere as big as the adult Bald Eagle I saw yesterday too)!

If you like Birds, NC and FL are great places to view them.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Like I said, not for me to say one way or another. God knows as kids we used that term all the time and never thought it was homophobic. We probably used a lot of other terms back then that would not fly today as an adult.

Again, that wasn't the main point of my response. I've explained that so no need to re-iterate.
I think I was in my twenties when I realized the big CS was a homophobic slur. I’m uh, not too bright.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
maybe but still doubtful. he literally won them a playoff series by knocking out the NHL's golden boy Crosby with a massive cheapshot and there was like 1 day of people caring then everyone moved on with the league doing nothing. Maybe it's because Crosby is old and a young superstar becoming a victim might result in something but still doubt it

Oh we all know the reason is because the league wanted the New York market to move on. Same reason they were able to run us like they did in the next round.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
Toronto in Feb would limit the options for some of the gimmick events, perfect chance to reset the skills challenge.

Fastest Skater
Accuracy (where accuracy actually matters this time)
Hardest Shot
Bring back to the team relays (by division)
Save streak (or other goalie event)
Breakaway challenge for some goofiness.
Little late for this--but the NFL had kickers and snappers play tic-tac-toe--seems like it would be a good accuracy test for a team set up...or even a 1-v-1

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
TIL the Top 5 teams in the league by points percentage are in the East. The Rangers are within striking distance of 6th as well.

There’s seemingly a new thread about the divisional playoffs daily on the main board. How dare Toronto, 4th in the conference, has to matchup against Tampa, 5th in the conference, again.

The reality is that there’s nowhere to hide in the East right now.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I like that Cozens deal for BUF. They’re really working on a good young core for that team and with a few decent moves and continued development I could see them becoming a perennial playoff contender.
I don't like it as a comparable for Necas. At $7.1 x 7 with more RFA years in the deal, that means Necas could be looking at a number starting with an 8.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
TIL the Top 5 teams in the league by points percentage are in the East. The Rangers are within striking distance of 6th as well.

There’s seemingly a new thread about the divisional playoffs daily on the main board. How dare Toronto, 4th in the conference, has to matchup against Tampa, 5th in the conference, again.

The reality is that there’s nowhere to hide in the East right now.
Fortunately, in my view anyways, 3 of the top 4 teams in the league are in the Atlantic and we are the 4th. Devils/Rags/Caps/Pens/Isles/Sabres do not scare me at all for our first 2 rounds. Any of those teams should be relatively easy wins for us, and if they're not then it means we completely choked and wouldn't have gotten past Tampa/Boston/Toronto anyways. Anything less than ECF for us this year, regardless of what happens at the trade deadline, and I consider this season a failure. If we fill all our LTIR cap space with legit improvements at the deadline I would say anything short of SCF appearance is a failure.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Fortunately, in my view anyways, 3 of the top 4 teams in the league are in the Atlantic and we are the 4th. Devils/Rags/Caps/Pens/Isles/Sabres do not scare me at all for our first 2 rounds. Any of those teams should be relatively easy wins for us, and if they're not then it means we completely choked and wouldn't have gotten past Tampa/Boston/Toronto anyways. Anything less than ECF for us this year, regardless of what happens at the trade deadline, and I consider this season a failure. If we fill all our LTIR cap space with legit improvements at the deadline I would say anything short of SCF appearance is a failure.
While I understand the ECF expectation, losing a close series to this Boston team with the way they have dominated the league thusfar would not be a failure. Lousy timing for a very good to great Carolina team, but not a failure.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
While I understand the ECF expectation, losing a close series to this Boston team with the way they have dominated the league thusfar would not be a failure. Lousy timing for a very good to great Carolina team, but not a failure.
This 5 year stretch has set the expectations high for this group. It's about time to shit or get off the pot. Boston doesn't scare me, they are not that much of a different team than last year except coaching change, which will wear off in time. If they even make it to the ECF I wouldn't say they are so good that losing to them should be acceptable. They've obviously started the year very hot but watching them play vs. watching the Avs last year or the Bolts the last few years, this Bruins team is not as good as those teams.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Little late for this--but the NFL had kickers and snappers play tic-tac-toe--seems like it would be a good accuracy test for a team set up...or even a 1-v-1
I like the idea of like a tic-tac-toe board net...Canes basically get the middle as a free space!!

St Louis Shooting Stars was kinda fun and unique.

I did like Florida's surf-board shooting.

How about fastest skaters but they set up a "course", rather than circle lap?

Hardest hitter?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad