Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Lou does it again, for better or worse. Makes sense he gave up so much, he knew he was going to get him signed. When he thinks a player will help he does what he has to do. Honestly, I’m generally a fan. This is a good player who’s worked on his game quite a bit, I bet he overall stays at a higher scoring rate than the rest of his career. Maybe not this years rate but improved.

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Its an interesting move from the Islanders and Horvat too.

The islanders are getting older and slower. They have very little to look forward to as far as prospects making the team. They will be completely reliant on FA to keep this squad afloat.

Horvat is destined to be a part of another failing team for the length of his deal. He got his 68 million with high taxes though

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Rags flames. Very chippy and Trouba has absolutely blasted two flames (one of which was kadri). Flames retaliated and then rags got a PP after each hit then fight.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Refs hand the devils the extra point with an egregious missed penalty on NJ in the OT. Then give them a PP a few minutes later on a much softer one than the one they missed. oh well, still up 6 points on them they have 1 game in hand.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Devils seem to always be entertaining in OT. Kinda lame they won on a PP after a fairly blatant missed call on them a couple minutes before for the same thing. At one point, Quinn chased down Jack to stop a full on breakaway in the OT.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Markstrom made a great save in the OT and then couldn't get back to stop the winning goal. Before that, there were times he barely looked like he knew how to skate and move around in goal. Man, what a drop from last year.

Reactions: DaveG

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
lol I wake up to like 35 notifications from rags fans who were triggered by me calling Trouba a headhunting pansy on the main board. And apparently "pansy" is now a homophobic slur? As my post was deleted for that reason... I thought it was a flower??? wow

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
lol I wake up to like 35 notifications from rags fans who were triggered by me calling Trouba a headhunting pansy on the main board. And apparently "pansy" is now a homophobic slur? As my post was deleted for that reason... I thought it was a flower??? wow
rules are made up to protect the big market teams on this board. no talking bad about Montreal, Toronto, NYR, etc.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

C'mon, the term "Pansy" is well recognized to be a disparaging comment as in a weak and effeminate man, often a gay man. You know better than to say "it's just a flower" and you certainly didn't use it in a manner to mean a "flower".

When you go poke an opposing fan base like that, particularly aggressive ones like those from NY, you got the reaction you likely hoped for, or at least should have expected. Of course they responded.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
C'mon, the term "Pansy" is well recognized to be a disparaging comment as in a weak and effeminate man, often a gay man. You know better than to say "it's just a flower" and you certainly didn't use it in a manner to mean a "flower".

When you go poke an opposing fan base like that, particularly aggressive ones like those from NY, you got the reaction you likely hoped for, or at least should have expected. Of course they responded.
Weak and effeminate / soft, yes. Gay, no. I've never associated it with "sexual preference" nor known anyone who has or has ever had an issue with it. There are plenty of other words to use for that purpose

Yeah I don't care about the response, certainly not surprised just find it hilarious, and no I'm not engaging with them, no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad