Around the League 36-But Who's Counting...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I like the idea of the Kraken connecting to the Fremont Troll sculpture, but couldn't they make it a better match to the sculpture?

270px-FremontTroll.jpg

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Gritty the personality, maybe. Its a shitty looking mascot though. Just like blooper, the phanatic and others
Gritty looks perfect. Cutesie and cartoonish mascots can f*** off. Give me crazy.

The name is good. But a troll? Did they just panic and go to a halloween store? How the hell did they not do cute Cthulhu?
I mean, we have a pig, so something something stones, something something glass houses.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I think the Rags will be in danger of missing the playoffs if Shestyorkin doesn't play out of his mind again this year. He very well might, dude is incredibly talented. But I'd never want to be that dependent on goaltending. Also there's the matter of Gallant often wearing out his welcome pretty quickly.

Playing physical will gain you those advantages.
Charging and targeting star players with elbows will do that, yes. Rags are lucky the league allowed that to happen. Although the goaltending injuries were just terrible luck and timing for Pittsburgh. If not for those even with Crosby and Guentzel banged up the Pens likely win that series.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Are mascots really supposed to be any good? Philly Phanatic, Mr. Met, Youppi, Stormy, whatever they call the Heat's mascot, The green monster mascot, etc... Some of them seem good like the Minn. Vikings guy, the Suns Gorilla, etc...but a lot of them are pretty bad. Seattle seems like the worst of the bad though, but maybe that's what they were going for. "We're #1!!!!"

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Are mascots really supposed to be any good? Philly Phanatic, Mr. Met, Youppi, Stormy, whatever they call the Heat's mascot, The green monster mascot, etc... Some of them seem good like the Minn. Vikings guy, the Suns Gorilla, etc...but a lot of them are pretty bad. Seattle seems like the worst of the bad though, but maybe that's what they were going for. "We're #1!!!!"

Your question answers itself. (See: 1979 Richmond Braves' Seymour Baseball and ... another guy.)

seymour.jpg

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Gritty is arguably one of the best mascots in sports, let alone hockey.

The absurdity of the look is part of the charm, in my opinion.
Really? Philly fans hated Gritty too until a Twitter post. A Twitter post made the mascot. Its a pretty dumb mascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad