GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Ngl our best chance in the Pacific is against the two expansion teams. SEA has massive questions in net with a bunch of heaters on their front half that doesn't look sustainable*. VGK has massive questions in net as well with a balanced offense, but we for some reason play them quite well.

LAK has been excellent over the past bit with tonnes of talent and shored up (sorta) their weak points (I dont believe in Korpisalo), and they're probably out for vengeance against us. Though there's something about their coach I just don't trust in the playoffs...

Please don't let us play the Wild.

*in before a 7-2 shellacking by Jared McCann and the ghost of Carson Soucy

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Winnipeg is still on pace to get 94 points this year. That would mean a record of 7-5-1 in their final 13 games.

In order for the flames to pass them (as Winnipeg has the tie breaker) they would need to get 95 points and go 9-3-1.

Even if Winnipeg plays .500 hockey that's 6-6-1 for 92 points. The flames will need 8-4-1 to get 93 points.

It's very very unlikely.
I think the issue for the Jets is that it looks like Hellebucyk and their entire team has run out of gas playing Bowness hockey.

They could conceivably go 4-8-1.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I think the issue for the Jets is that it looks like Hellebucyk and their entire team has run out of gas playing Bowness hockey.

They could conceivably go 4-8-1.

Its possible for sure but not likely. Their next 4 games are against Nashville, St.Louis, Arizona and Anaheim. That could be 4 straight wins right there.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Winnipeg is still on pace to get 94 points this year. That would mean a record of 7-5-1 in their final 13 games.

In order for the flames to pass them (as Winnipeg has the tie breaker) they would need to get 95 points and go 9-3-1.

Even if Winnipeg plays .500 hockey that's 6-6-1 for 92 points. The flames will need 8-4-1 to get 93 points.

It's very very unlikely.

Screenshot_20230316-224057.png

Winnipeg's next stretch of games...they need to go on a run and win at least 5 of these next 7 to keep Calgary below the cutoff line.

The problem is, they can't rely on Ritttich to win them a free coffee on roll up so they have to run Helleybuck into the ground again. 3 points is not a safe lead, even if Nashville has games in hand. They only matter if they win them.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
View attachment 670533

Winnipeg's next stretch of games...they need to go on a run and win at least 5 of these next 7 to keep Calgary below the cutoff line.

The problem is, they can't rely on Ritttich to win them a free coffee on roll up so they have to run Helleybuck into the ground again. 3 points is not a safe lead, even if Nashville has games in hand. They only matter if they win them.
if Winnipeg win wins 5 of the next 7, Flames literally have to win 7 games in a row to past them

tough task considering the Flames schedule

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The win tonight doesn't really change anything. Flames need to almost run the table because they have no tiebreakers on anyone.

Seattle gets at least a point which I'm fine with.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I want the Flames to land in the sweet spot of not making the playoffs but not having any chance of landing Bedard

Also lmao at Quick getting his ass lit up, love seeing that SV% drop significantly
Pretty sure the Quick play the previous games was a dead cat bounce

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
if Winnipeg win wins 5 of the next 7, Flames literally have to win 7 games in a row to past them

tough task considering the Flames schedule

Yep, that's why they have to beat these bottom teams they're playing over the next two weeks to make it tough on Calgary.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Kings have a butter soft schedule the rest of the way. Don't know what to think of a team that had a negative goal differential for most of the season but it wouldn't surprise me if they won the conference.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I'd rather see Winnipeg on than Calgary, but they sure aren't making things easy

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I still think Winnipeg will hold off the teams chasing them, but man are they trying their best to throw away a practically clinched position.

LA is just genuinely playing way better in 2023 than they were in the first half of the season.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Using the US Thanksgiving theory of teams in a playoff spot on that date usually hang onto them, here's what they were then and are now in the West:

November 24, 2022
Dallas
Colorado
Winnipeg
Minnesota (WC)

Vegas
Seattle
LA
Calgary (WC)

March 17, 2023
Dallas
Minnesota
Colorado
Winnipeg (WC)

Vegas
LA
Edmonton
Seattle(WC)

7 of 8 teams are still in a playoff spot, despite different positioning. The only change: Edmonton replacing Calgary :laugh:.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The thing to keep in mind in the NHL is that it's really, really difficult to make up ground when you fall behind, as those teams ahead of you are ahead for a reason. We had a 11 game point streak and we barely rose in the standings. Sportsnet said we were 10-10 in our first 20 games and have been on a constant heater ever since... But we're still only third in the division. The Flames can afford maybe 3 more regulation losses at most for the rest of the schedule and get help from others. They also don't hold any tiebreakers so they have to have more points than the Jets/Kraken.

Reactions: Faelko

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I have to say that I'm enjoying seeing the pouting from Scheifele and Wheeler during this skid. Can't stand either of those players. Actually a lot of players on the Jets that I really don't like.

Not disappointed at all to see them back to being a shitty team.
The Jets to me were like the Sens for me at one time. Totally indifferent on them while I disliked the rest of the Canadian teams.

Now both those teams are starting to be like the rest of the teams in Canada for me.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad