GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Still think the Lames GM did a good job salvaging a bad situation with Gaudreau and Tkachuk wanting out. And I am so happy he did because he killed the Lames chance for Bedard. Last season was built on two guys playing for retirement money and the peak Sutter effect that has a super short shelf life. They were doomed this year no matter what, and if they embraced that, could have had nice lottery odds

Reactions: Gordian Knot

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

The shootout is a joke.

But Gary narrates "this is fine". *insert meme

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Florida scoring 7 goals in the 1st against the Habs...holy smokes lol
Bon appétit for the kitties I guess. Yikes! I don't think I've ever seen a team score 7 in a single period.

What's even weirder is that the Habs have 3 goals of their own. In a normal game that's a lot of goals and a good period.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I'm convinced goaltending just isn't as good anymore. There is a serious lack of truly elite goalies in the league now which is why it's so high scoring IMO
There are about 5 good goalies in the league and a lot of trash. Players have figured out the awful awful goaltending they have been teaching for a while now.

Go down as soon as the puck crosses the blue line, stay deep in your net, stay down, no athleticism, just take up space.

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
There are about 5 good goalies in the league and a lot of trash. Players have figured out the awful awful goaltending they have been teaching for a while now.

Go down as soon as the puck crosses the blue line, stay deep in your net, stay down, no athleticism, just take up space.
Over-reliance on big equipment maybe? I fully agree, there's a handful of legit goaltenders and everything else is a toss up

Reactions: Beerfish

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Imagine this, you’ve got the opposing team’s goalie at 0.500 and you’re losing by double. L o l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad