GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
There was a lot of negative comments about Bear for taking a game off over his dog dying but I think most people that are pet owners get it. They might not be human but they're still members of the family.

I've had my dog for 14 years. She's been with me thru the start of my career, buying my first house (which I designed with her in mind) and multiple failed plus my current relationship. It's going to be devastating when she finally goes.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Nashville has a brutal schedule the rest of the way with 4 B2Bs and only one extra day off. They needed to be holding down a playoff spot by now and they blew it by not beating Chicago, Arizona and Vancouver.

The Preds' "easy" games from here on out are against St. Louis, Calgary and Buffalo. The rest are against playoff teams: 2 against Winnipeg, 4 against top-5 teams, another 9 against other playoff teams.

Even if Winnipeg shits the bed and goes 5-7-1 with their softer schedule and only gets to 90 points, Nashville would still need to go .500 to get to 91 points (Winnipeg has 4 more regulation wins). Even that's gonna be a serious challenge with Nashville's schedule.

Calgary meanwhile has 7 games left against bottom feeder teams, 1x Winnipeg, 1x Nashville, 1x Dallas, 2x LA, 1x Vegas. Presumably they should be a greater threat to Winnipeg with that schedule, but how do you presume anything with that team with the way they've played this year.

Reactions: bellagiobob

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
There was a lot of negative comments about Bear for taking a game off over his dog dying but I think most people that are pet owners get it. They might not be human but they're still members of the family.

I've had my dog for 14 years. She's been with me thru the start of my career, buying my first house (which I designed with her in mind) and multiple failed plus my current relationship. It's going to be devastating when she finally goes.
I am with you there. Happened to me in fall. Dog wasn't quite ten. Still feel lost without it, even though I have two more dogs now.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Ullmark just did the same thing and no one gave him any shit over it.

Pets very much are a part of the family and need to be recognized as such, especially with all the mental health issues. They are just as much of a comfort as they are a companion.

Our pup is gonna be 1 next month but as @BlackMcDog said, you still miss the ones you had before.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
And they wonder why people look for streams?
91C9A25D-39E3-493E-B843-7376210B74AB.gif

I had to…

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Weird OOT scoreboard tonight so far.

3 games and all ended 5-2.

Shots were 38-22, 34-24 and 34-22

The losers were the ones that had shots in the mid to upper 30’s. It’s like typical Flames games I guess.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Looks like Quick was exposed last night. Big time.

He had one of the worst save percentages in the league with the Kings, who are a better defensive team than Vegas, I just don't see him turning his game around with Vegas.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Wolf-boy might be good enough to save that sad sack team, unfortunately
Would be nice to draft a goalie like that.

Hoping for a three point game in Nashville.

Winnipeg will likely crash and the predators will be just bad enough to let Calgary sneak up between both of them

Last edited:

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Avs getting hot at the right time. I think they'll win the Central and perhaps be once again the team to beat in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad