GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think the Oilers get the 3rd spot and Seattle falls to the 1st WC. Probable rematch vs LA in the first round coming up.

Don't think that would go well for the Oilers, LA is a team that looks laser focused on beating us and we don't look like a team that's matured much at all and probably will go into the series thinking we're owed something because we won last time. From the times we've played them this year, no one has played us harder IMO.

Probably would be better to get a 7 or 8 seed spot and maybe you draw Vegas in all honesty.

I don't think this team really gives much of a shit about their seeding, which is also a sign of a lack of maturity. They think they can just "turn it on" because playoffs start. There's been zero desperation all year long about getting seeded into the top 3, so if they don't care, really why should I.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Don't think that would go well for the Oilers, LA is a team that looks laser focused on beating us and we don't look like a team that's matured much at all and probably will go into the series thinking we're owed something because we won last time. From the times we've played them this year, no one has played us harder IMO.

Probably would be better to get a 7 or 8 seed spot and maybe you draw Vegas in all honesty.

I don't think this team really gives much of a shit about their seeding, which is also a sign of a lack of maturity. They think they can just "turn it on" because playoffs start. There's been zero desperation all year long about getting seeded into the top 3, so if they don't care, really why should I.
What you attribute to a lack of maturity is actually just a not particularly strong all around roster.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What you attribute to a lack of maturity is actually just a not particularly strong all around roster.

Maybe but the end result is basically the same, so I don't know if the labelling of it matters all that much. They play an immature brand of hockey especially when they are up by multiple goals and have 1+ period to burn.

And some of it is literal immaturity, we have a constant revolving door of 1st/2nd year players that the team is constantly trying to break in -- McLeod, Desharnais, Broberg, Bouchard, Holloway, Skinner (our no.1 goalie, lol) ... how many of the top teams is the league can say the same? Before that it was Bear, Jones, Yamamoto, etc. etc.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Boston losing to Detroit again in the first. Saving their energy for toronto.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Boston's earned the right to take a Sunday matinee off after the effort they've put into this regular season.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
If Winnipeg somehow wins this game, the Flames playoff chances likely drop to the teensies.

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
Pregame festivities in Calgary

The score went from 1-0 Calgary to 0-0 on my feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad