GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Coyotes were down 5-1 to LA and managed to tie it up
Its Quick night in LA. 10GF might not be enough run support. He makes any puck around the net an adventure. yotes just dumping puck anywhere on him, even from center ice because why not? lol that Quick almost batted a puck into his own net on an attempted pass from behind net. wow.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Well, not quite that bad personally but it brought back all the irritation I felt about our game last night.

There will always be shit OOT nights on occasion, for various reasons. They’re going to make the playoffs, despite what some here seem to be hoping for (one was even actively cheering against the team last night for spite reasons or something).

Last edited:

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
There will always be shit OOT nights, for various reasons. They’re going to make the playoffs, despite what some here seem to be hoping for (one was even actively cheering against the team last night for spite reasons or something).
I don’t think many people are actively cheering to miss the playoffs. But there are a lot of people rightfully concerned that here we are and the team really doesn‘t at all feel like it has taken that next step forward to becoming a top contender.

Some if that is in roster(Hollands fault), some on coaching and some on the players themselves. There’s nothing wrong with discussing the challenges the team faces, no point in just going ”everything is awesome“ when it’s not.

While I think they will likely make the playoffs I also can’t say they are a lock. Some weird 3-7 stretch And the flames going 5-5 and this gets tight quick. So the Oilers pissing points away the last few weeks is about the play they need to elevate to comfortably make the playoffs and become a serious threat to actually contend.

Reactions: bellagiobob

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
There will always be shit OOT nights on occasion, for various reasons. They’re going to make the playoffs, despite what some here seem to be hoping for (one was even actively cheering against the team last night for spite reasons or something).
I’m very much cheering for them to make the playoffs. I hate being this nervous about it though.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Just saw the Flyers gave up a touchdown to the discombobulating Canucks. How did we lose to this shitstain of a team again?
You could literally say that about every terrible team in the league. When this team takes a night off they are as bad as any team in the league and that is the diffrence between the oilers and the true contender teams that have off games vs bad teams but manage to win anyways.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
no one cares about the Canucks
Weird, I could've sworn this was the "Around the league" thread.

You could literally say that about every terrible team in the league. When this team takes a night off they are as bad as any team in the league and that is the diffrence between the oilers and the true contender teams that have off games vs bad teams but manage to win anyways.
Sometimes they do but man they really have not played well since the ASB despite the light schedule.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm talking about other teams...they don't get up to play the lowly Canucks
I'm so tired of this argument. You should get up to play every team in the league no matter what.

The Rangers got up to play the Oilers... Really it should've been the other way around. We're not exactly a top tier team, just 4 points up on 9th place in the conference. We play the Bruins, Leafs, and Jets 6 times in 7 games coming up. If we beat the teams we're supposed to that suddenly doesn't look so scary. A wild card finish for this team likely means a very short playoff run.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I'm so tired of this argument. You should get up to play every team in the league no matter what.

The Rangers got up to play the Oilers... Really it should've been the other way around. We're not exactly a top tier team, just 4 points up on 9th place in the conference. We play the Bruins, Leafs, and Jets 6 times in 7 games coming up. If we beat the teams we're supposed to that suddenly doesn't look so scary. A wild card finish for this team likely means a very short playoff run.
of course but that's not feasible

the Jets lost to the Jackets a few days ago, same with the Leafs last Saturday...the Bruins lost to the Coyotes FFS

this isn't an "Oilers issue" only

yet we beat the Lightning twice, beat the Knights, beat the Stars

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
of course but that's not feasible

the Jets lost to the Jackets a few days ago, same with the Leafs last Saturday...the Bruins lost to the Coyotes FFS

this isn't an "Oilers issue" only

yet we beat the Lightning twice, beat the Knights, beat the Stars
Yes but all of those teams are very safely in a playoff spot.

We are not.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yes but all of those teams are very safely in a playoff spot.

We are not.
Theres hardly any margin and no club in the Western Conference is "safely" in a playoff spot. Minny might have thought that even 2 weeks ago. One of the more interesting things thats happened is that the Pacific division has caught the Central division. Dallas and Winny were front runners, now they are not. They're falling back and have been steadily. Its been really easy for Colorado to catch the pack. (which I always said they would do)

Dallas have the common problem of being an old core team. They have a lot of old players in their core. Do those guys hit a wall? Winterpeg not much different. Up and down team.

Vegas is probably the only shoe in. I do think Dallas and Win are ftr but no club is "safely" in a spot.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Theres hardly any margin and no club in the Western Conference is "safely" in a playoff spot. Minny might have thought that even 2 weeks ago. One of the more interesting things thats happened is that the Pacific division has caught the Central division. Dallas and Winny were front runners, now they are not. They're falling back and have been steadily. Its been really easy for Colorado to catch the pack. (which I always said they would do)

Dallas have the common problem of being an old core team. They have a lot of old players in their core. Do those guys hit a wall? Winterpeg not much different. Up and down team.

Vegas is probably the only shoe in. I do think Dallas and Win are ftr but no club is "safely" in a spot.
The team had to put together a 10 game point streak just to keep pace. The West is weak and ripe for the taking but pissing away points in a comfortable schedule can come back to haunt them. Luckily the Flames are the only team outside the picture that’s a threat but even so this should be better than a wild card team. A healthy Vegas team is better than this one unless McDavid goes psycho mode again. The Kings can make noise with better goaltending.

I don’t know how you can say Dallas and Winnipeg aren’t comfortably in a playoff spot when Minnesota is the only team that can push them out of the top three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad