GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
The team had to put together a 10 game point streak just to keep pace. The West is weak and ripe for the taking but pissing away points in a comfortable schedule can come back to haunt them. Luckily the Flames are the only team outside the picture that’s a threat but even so this should be better than a wild card team. A healthy Vegas team is better than this one unless McDavid goes psycho mode again. The Kings can make noise with better goaltending.

I don’t know how you can say Dallas and Winnipeg aren’t comfortably in a playoff spot when Minnesota is the only team that can push them out of the top three.
Its easy when you think about it. I'm not saying theres much chance BOTH Dallas or Win would miss but its possible that either could. Depending on slump, who passes them, who gets WC spots etc. its quite possible still that Pacific claims both WC spots. Which is kind of interesting as a week ago some were concerned that Central might claim both. But the Pacific caught right up and now the top 5 pacific teams are all in the mix.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Its easy when you think about it. I'm not saying theres much chance BOTH Dallas or Win would miss but its possible that either could. Depending on slump, who passes them, who gets WC spots etc. its quite possible still that Pacific claims both WC spots. Which is kind of interesting as a week ago some were concerned that Central might claim both. But the Pacific caught right up and now the top 5 pacific teams are all in the mix.
I mean if they lose ten in a row sure…

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Florida is an absolute dumpster fire on wheels since the big trade for Matty

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Vegas is gonna make the move for Patrick Kane. It fits their MO and would give them a shot in the arm. Plus there's probably a decent shot he would want to stay past this year there.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Guess toews is off the list for now. Didn't know.he was ill.

Toews has had significant respiratory issues and ailments before even Covid. Been a tough last 5yrs for him. Even before Covid there was a couple years his immunity was f***ed and he was getting one infection on top of another to the degree he couldn't play. Guy was sick as a dog in games where he could play.

The best Toews has played in last several seasons was the Summer play in where he was healthy. Most people don't get sick as much during summer. He actually looked like his old self in that series. Hockey is a tough sport as well to have this affliction and hygiene isn't even a thing in hockey. Players sharing bottles, spitting all over everything, diseased equipment. Wish him well.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad