GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
They'd have been better off keeping Bruce.

Tocchet had the worst possible conditions to walk into as a head coach maybe ever. I don't think he's a great coach by any means, but the ridiculous month long Boudreau firing process gave everyone from the fans to the players right on down to build a pre-conceived perception of what he was. There was no surprise, no jolt of energy that might get the players to buy in immediately, etc. Everyone had a full month to develop whatever pre-conceived notion they had of him good or bad, but I would wager most of it would have probably been bad. I've been part of organizations that have had major change at the top, and its human nature for everyone to try and convince themselves why it's a bad thing if they have the time to before it starts.

I was saying to people before he was even officially hired that if I were Tocchet I would reverse course and turn the job down. He was straight up set up to fail and he might have "lost the room" before he even had a chance to walk into it.

Reactions: Drivesaitl and TB12

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
My only flame themed room...
Ready for the game
1676597808327.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Tocchet had the worst possible conditions to walk into as a head coach maybe ever. I don't think he's a great coach by any means, but the ridiculous month long Boudreau firing process gave everyone from the fans to the players right on down to build a pre-conceived perception of what he was. There was no surprise, no jolt of energy that might get the players to buy in immediately, etc. Everyone had a full month to develop whatever pre-conceived notion they had of him good or bad, but I would wager most of it would have probably been bad. I've been part of organizations that have had major change at the top, and its human nature for everyone to try and convince themselves why it's a bad thing if they have the time to before it starts.

I was saying to people before he was even officially hired that if I were Tocchet I would reverse course and turn the job down. He was straight up set up to fail and he might have "lost the room" before he even had a chance to walk into it.
Yep. But I blame the Nucks and Boudreau for this as well. For the Nucks extending process and Boudreau for milking pity and sympathy. This was no win for anybody coming in.

I get that people blame the Nucks for all of it but I've never seen a coach play the poor me sympathy angle as much as Boudreau did crying on the bench and shit. It was some strange stuff going on in Vancouver. people lose their job everyday. Almost all of them are not set for life.

Reactions: Beerfish

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Do teams always stop in Edmonton before playing Calgary the next night or is this just confirmation bias on my part?

It certainly feels like it.

It happens again with the Rangers. Both then and the Red Wings will be on their 3rd in 4 days as well, I think.

Dope scheduling for the Flames

Nashville has among the least amount of games played but they must be close to pulling the chute soon. A heck of a lot of ground to make up and the look like absolute junk tonight

Reactions: Mr Positive

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Do teams always stop in Edmonton before playing Calgary the next night or is this just confirmation bias on my part?

It certainly feels like it.
I remember a while back, this was noticed and then it changed for a bit. It seems to have come back. Flames get the tired opponent.

At this point I barely care. As long as our team sorts itself out I don't think these regular season dramas matter

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Technically he coulda been replaced and vladar got the win or loss
I looked at that too, but it was Vladar who got yanked for Markstrom against Chicago and Markstrom wound up taking the L. That would have been the first of the previous 8 games for Markstrom so he's 1-3-4 if that graphic is showing their last 8 games played, not starts.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad