GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

never forget

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
I just heard a crackhead caller on Fan 960 say "We might be a victim of our own success"......

never forget
And his leadership "aura". Never forget.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Treliving put the paper down in front of him, how much heat is he taking?
He has no contract going forward. He was desperate and panicked in the summer. It's ownership though. Those idiots had a good excuse to just tank it this year. Now they are stuck with Jonothan "Lambo" Huberdeau and Nazem "The Dream" Kadri lol.

Weeger too lol

Flames fans just blame it on Sutter like he has some magic powers holding JH back.

Personally, I think Huberdeau is half depressed. I think he wants no part of being in CGY and has not bought in because he is not happy. He was blindsided. He signed the deal b/c you get your bag and security. I bet he asks out

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
He has no contract going forward. He was desperate and panicked in the summer. It's ownership though. Those idiots had a good excuse to just tank it this year. Now they are stuck with Jonothan "Lambo" Huberdeau and Nazem "The Dream" Kadri lol.

Weeger too lol

Flames fans just blame it on Sutter like he has some magic powers holding JH back.

Personally, I think Huberdeau is half depressed. I think he wants no part of being in CGY and has not bought in because he is not happy. He was blindsided. He signed the deal b/c you get your bag and security. I bet he asks out
I don't feel sorry for him one bit, his
great-X 4 grandkids are set for life financially. He has a modified ntc on his current deal which is 8 teams he can't be traded to, so I wonder if he waived for Calgary.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Treliving put the paper down in front of him, how much heat is he taking?
Treliving should be fired for signing Pooperdeau before he even stepped foot in Calgary to a massive contact until he's 38 :laugh:
then doubling down on "#1 d-man" (lol) Mackenzie Weegar...who has all of 1 goal this year...until he's 37 :laugh::laugh:
then TRIPLING down on Nazem "retirement contract" Kadri to huge money until he's 39 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

it's the trifecta of awful contracts that no team will ever touch because they're too old, cost too much and signed too long

yet Flames homers like Peter Loubarias and Eric Francis were already giving Treliving the GM of the year award

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Treliving should be fired for signing Pooperdeau before he even stepped foot in Calgary to a massive contact until he's 38 :laugh:
then doubling down on "#1 d-man" (lol) Mackenzie Weegar...who has all of 1 goal this year...until he's 37 :laugh::laugh:
then TRIPLING down on Nazem "retirement contract" Kadri to huge money until he's 39 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

it's the trifecta of awful contracts that no team will ever touch because they're too old, cost too much and signed too long

yet Flames homers like Peter Loubarias and Eric Francis were already giving Treliving the GM of the year award
"The summer of Tre" they said

"The summer of Dorian" they said

Reactions: bellagiobob

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

never forget

Who needs a big goal scorer when the flames have the best passer they could ever have in Pooperdeau

giphy.gif

Eat a bag of shit flames fan and cp lurkers alike

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Flames fans are turning on Huberdeau hard tonight. One of the biggest bust signings in ages. He is such a pathetic vanilla ghost of a player

Give him a break. Dry skin can be serious for ppl. He was used to Florida climate.

I'd personally be considering the short shelf life of Sutter has run out already, again. But more likely the ownership will agree with Sutter that the solution is that he should be coach AND GM. Make it so

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Give him a break. Dry skin can be serious for ppl. He was used to Florida climate.

I'd personally be considering the short shelf life of Sutter has run out already, again. But more likely the ownership will agree with Sutter that the solution is that he should be coach AND GM. Make it so
I actually think Sutter’s coaching is holding that team together right now. Yeah his lineup choices are bad, but his systems are the only thing keeping that team afloat. Otherwise they’d be even worse than they are.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Weeger too lol

Funny thing is he can ask out all he wants but no GM in his right mind is going to take on possibly the worst contract in the league. He’s stuck there whether he likes it or not.

Also hilarious how the amazing “summer of Tre” was really just an exercise of Treliving getting straight up bent over by some agents that knew he was desperate. They knew he had to sign these guys to consolidate his position on the trade and he paid for it. I don’t see a penny of value that the Flames got in those deals, they got every possible penny squeezed out of them.

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Weeger too lol

Sutter needs to take part of the blame for Pooperdeau’s poor season. Guy was only there a few weeks and Sutter publicly humiliated him again and again, pretty much destroying whatever confidence the player had left.

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018

Weeger too lol

If Treliving would have waited instead of rushing out to extend Huberdeau and Weegar he could be selling at the deadline and offering them up as rentals on expiring deals for a huge return.

Instead these assets now have negative value.

Treliving really sewered the Flames ...

Reactions: bellagiobob

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I just heard a crackhead caller on Fan 960 say "We might be a victim of our own success"......

And his leadership "aura". Never forget.
I actually think that’s the correct take. They had a successful season last year and deluded themselves into thinking that the team was close to a Cup even with the offseason changes. Many pundits fell for it too, but taking a step back was super predictable.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
But how good was he defensively?
I thought that any non-Oiler who is not scoring is automatically a Selke candidate. Or did I read that wrong??

An on another note: Rasmus Andersson felled in a scooter accident.

(Actually, even though I don't like this player, I don't really wish any real harm to him so I hope he is OK>)

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
That team culture in Calgary must be pretty messed up right now. You have a hard ass coach who is hard on all his players and doesn't like giving young players opportunities and continues to play old dinosaurs like Lucic. Plus you try to penny pinch your players who you have drafted and have been there a long time yet you hand out huge long term contracts to players who never even played a single game for the team, whom are all struggling and not living up to their contracts. Plus your number one goalie you signed is struggling badly. Not to mention, there seems to be a rift between a coach who was just extended and a GM who's contract is up soon.

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
So Logan Thompson got injured yesterday and is getting an MRI today

Vegas has such bad luck with injuries

Imagine the tears from Flames fans if their team had the actual bad luck with injuries like the Golden Knights have instead of having among the least amount of games missed due to injury. The Bow would never go back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad