GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Minny losing is always a great thing. I hope they fall right out of the playoffs.
One amusing thing about this Minnesota free fall has been Russo on Twitter. He used to be pretty straight laced until he referenced a vague life changing event this past season. Now he posts a lot of unfiltered opinions about the team.

Reactions: Cloned

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

high-ground.gif

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

Meanwhile the nhl be like:
You will be entertained by a trade of a 4th liner for a 6th round pick and be grateful!

Us Oilers fans may want to be careful about wishing for a NBA style system of player movement. Their stars can now arrange to form super teams in a premier market and force it to happen. If it doesn't workout in a season or two, then they can demand a trade to form a different super group.

Edmonton would be like Oklahoma City, who pine for the days when they had superstars in Durant and Westbrook. No NBA stars these days are arranging to all gather together in Minnesota and Oklahoma City.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
As of late, the whole Flames team cannot stop getting trucked on and off the ice.

Had to chuckle at Flame fans on the mains that are feigning victimhood about how "just nothing is going right this year, boo hoo!"

I don't know about anyone else, but I keep seeing horseshoes coming out of their ass. Andersson gets hit by a car, but is day to day. Tanev seems to get hurt every other game, but misses no more than a game or two. Team incredibly healthy overall once again.

Their perspective is so shot as a result of about 24 months of nothing but luck on the health front that they don't have a clue what "nothing going right" even looks like.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Had to chuckle at Flame fans on the mains that are feigning victimhood about how "just nothing is going right this year, boo hoo!"

I don't know about anyone else, but I keep seeing horseshoes coming out of their ass. Andersson gets hit by a car, but is day to day. Tanev seems to get hurt every other game, but misses no more than a game or two. Team incredibly healthy overall once again.

Their perspective is so shot as a result of about 24 months of nothing but luck on the health front that they don't have a clue what "nothing going right" even looks like.

If I was a mod I'd just post that chart that shows them near the top of the league for least amount of games missed due to injury and lock the thread

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

the only injuries suffered from Flames players are one in a million freak accidents that don't even result in weeks missed (as Andersson is only-day-day)

they're incredibly lucky once again again this year

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
the only injuries suffered from Flames players are one in a million freak accidents that don't even result in weeks missed (as Andersson is only-day-day)

they're incredibly lucky once again again this year

Tanev in particular has about 1000 lives. He's undoubtedly playing hurt because (laughably) they don't appear capable of winning a single game without him in the lineup, but still. There have been about 5 times this year where I think "that's the one that's going to keep him out for 6-8 weeks" and then he's back after like one game off.

Credit to him because he's clearly playing through some pain, but even when a key player does get hurt for them it happens to be the one guy with enough of a pain threshold to stay playing and do it effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad