Around the League - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
In Finnish, we sometimes say "HMV" to describe something. Stands for "Hajuton, mauton, väritön". "Odourless, tasteless (not as in inappropriate but as not having flavour), colourless". And that's what this Bylsma hiring is, just bland AF. Fits the franchise though, Seattle hasn't done a single exciting thing to date in their existence.

This is great I agree! Seattle I thought has great jerseys but now with a boring coach the jerseys seem boring and bland. Do something exciting Seattle!

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
This is great I agree! Seattle I thought has great jerseys but now with a boring coach the jerseys seem boring and bland. Do something exciting Seattle!
As a current Seattleite, I think bland really fits in with the vibe of the city and its weather.

I can see why Bylsma has been promoted though. He took the Seattle's AHL farm team to Game 7 of the Calder Cup finals in the first year of their existence and has had another strong year this season. So I'm not surprised they are promoting from within.

Reactions: BaconNater

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
In Finnish, we sometimes say "HMV" to describe something. Stands for "Hajuton, mauton, väritön". "Odourless, tasteless (not as in inappropriate but as not having flavour), colourless". And that's what this Bylsma hiring is, just bland AF. Fits the franchise though, Seattle hasn't done a single exciting thing to date in their existence.

It's the Finnish equivalent to our "milquetoast" : timid, meek, or unassertive. or lacking in character or vigor.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
JD needs to transition to out of hockey all-together.

It took Chris Drury what....five minutes to figure out that JD is a problem and to get rid of him. I can't believe Columbus' owner took him back after he bailed on them to go to Broadway in the first place.
I very much doubt Drury had anything to do with the ouster of Davidson and Gorton. That was all Dolan freaking out after the incident with Wilson and Panarin.

And I don’t know why him returning to Lumbus was that unexpected. The franchise made progress under him. They ran aground after he left. Obviously things actually got worse once he came back, but I can see why they were okay with him returning.

I kinda figured Davidson would ultimately pay the price for Babcock…and frankly I think he should. Just didn’t think it would be this soon.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
This account was the one that first broke the news about Sens forfeiting a 1st for the Dadonov trade fiasco, and bit later that Dorion is fired.

• Haha
Reactions: UnkleKraker

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I mean...he would be a pretty decent upgrade over what they have. Unfortunately I'm guessing they'd want to send back the Korpedo and f********************************ck that.
If they send Brady along as well, I'd do it. They can attach future considerations to the deal and we'll send them Nuke the minute he gets activated.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Sometimes you question whether everything is random. Do we possess free will? Is everything pre ordained by an omnipotent being?

The hiring of Scott Arniel shows that there is a greater power beyond our comprehension. And that this supreme being hates Winnipeg.

From the hockey to the city to the people. There is no greater proof that some sort of God exists than to see the perverse state of being that is Winnipeg.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Sometimes you question whether everything is random. Do we possess free will? Is everything pre ordained by an omnipotent being?

The hiring of Scott Arniel shows that there is a greater power beyond our comprehension. And that this supreme being hates Winnipeg.

From the hockey to the city to the people. There is no greater proof that some sort of God exists than to see the perverse state of being that is Winnipeg.
I mean, if we are going to pretend there is such a thing as a supreme being and then extend that even further to think that they would care about hockey...

I mean, maybe Dogma was on to something. Did Alanis Morissette date any hockey players in the Peg?

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
This account was the one that first broke the news about Sens forfeiting a 1st for the Dadonov trade fiasco, and bit later that Dorion is fired.

But they're a team.
1717075431930.png

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Man the 2017 Sabres were a decent team on paper, look at this (including the goalie).

03rqg8e.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad