Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Don't worry Stars, you could be down 9-1 to this Ducks team and still figure out a way to get it to a shootout. #Neverfails

People will still disagree with me, but honestly, I think it starts with a cultural identity shift from everyone. McDavid doesn't need to look for breakaways on every single play, he needs to worry about defensive zone assignments. Bouchard doesn't need to think of Patrice Brisbois breakaway passes, he needs to make sure he's not losing 1v1 battles like that Flyers 1st or 2nd goal of that game today. Nurse doesn't need to worry about where the puck is, he needs to pay attention to the only open guy in front of the net. Draisaitl needs to pay attention less about who he can hurt when he's angry, and grow up with maturity on the ice. That fanbase needs to humble themselves and know that they can easily become the San Jose Sharks in this era instead of the Colorado Avalanche.

The problem is they can go out and get an elite NHL goaler, but already wasted that cap space when Kenny nervously signed Campbell which almost every fan knew wasn't going to work out due to how bad that goaltending market was that year. No one taking that Campbell or Nurse contract now, not even Arizona. It is a bit worse because Draisaitl is a UFA in two years, whereas Bouchard is a RFA in the same length.
Yeah I don't disagree with any of that. Wrt to Drai his effort level between when he has the puck and when he doesn't is night and day.

I don't know their goalie always seems to get worst playing for them than the team they played for in the past. I know they are left out to dry by their teamates but they should still be able to make a save sometimes. I'm just starting to think the goalie coach has something to do with it as well. Hard to say obviously.

Reactions: S E P H

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
TIL Kerfoot plays for the Coyotes, that team is literally Maccelli, Cooley and bunch of island of misfits
Coyotes team photo
IMG_5931.jpeg

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Oddly enough the Oilers should have probably went and got Georgiev. Wasnt there a bunch of rumors that the Oilers were going to trade for him? I remember a bunch of Oiler fans shunning that move ( A bunch of Av fans aswell in regards to getting George) Crazy how things work out. The Avs just keep getting the goalie the Oilers want.
The Oil would have ruined Georgiev. He is made for Colorado and our media. Strange dude who stops the puck. Joe Sakic and Jussi Parkkila know what they are doing. Edmonton does not.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The Oil would have ruined Georgiev. He is made for Colorado and our media. Strange dude who stops the puck. Joe Sakic and Jussi Parkkila know what they are doing. Edmonton does not.
Edmonton didnt wanna to pay the price the Avs were willing to and thats been their downfall. Oilers needed a goalie and persued Kuemper. Sakic came in and raised the price of poker and got him. Same thing probably happened with George.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Good thing I picked up Necas and dropped Nick Paul today right,.....
Necas is solid for a long-term investment. I think Canes get it together, but this road trip has been a bit brutal for them...likewise with Chicago. I don't think the Hawks even played at home yet.

E: I don't know, I think I would keep Nick Paul too and drop somebody else. I think Paul gets top PP minutes no?

EII: Hurricanes have allowed 19 goals against in 4 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Necas is solid for a long-term investment. I think Canes get it together, but this road trip has been a bit brutal for them...likewise with Chicago. I don't think the Hawks even played at home yet.

E: I don't know, I think I would keep Nick Paul too and drop somebody else. I think Paul gets top PP minutes no?

EII: Hurricanes have allowed 19 goals against in 4 games.
He does. Hes a different/better player when Stamkos is playing. Ill stick with Necas anyways.

Reactions: S E P H

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
On the Chicago side of things yesterday, I like Alex Vlasic's game. I don't see anything special with Korchinski. I think they'll probably need two defenseman better than him to open their contention window.

Agree with others here that Leo Carlsson looks good.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Wait 'til you see Vlasic's GameScore Impact Card.

View attachment 755230
Dang. I wouldn't have expected that bad, but tough ask for a rookie to play top pairing minutes against the Avs.

Still looks like someone with an NHL career ahead of him to me. Big, solid skater, and made heads up plays with the puck even if he's limited offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad