Around the League - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Kuemper was terrible in the playoffs.

Funny hearing everyone so critical of Seider when he's leagues ahead of golden boy Byram.

Oilers look terrible to start the season.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I hope the Flyers keep these old school jerseys. Giving me Mikael Renberg flashbacks.

Evander Kane hasnt been the same since Maroon sliced his wrist.
IMG_5930.gif

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He's never been a world-beater, but he's a lot better than this. Edmonton was probably the worst place for him to go, Oilers should've gone after Gibson or Varlamov who are used to putrid team defence. And I don't mean that as a joke, but fitting players with certain teams lol.
Oddly enough the Oilers should have probably went and got Georgiev. Wasnt there a bunch of rumors that the Oilers were going to trade for him? I remember a bunch of Oiler fans shunning that move ( A bunch of Av fans aswell in regards to getting George) Crazy how things work out. The Avs just keep getting the goalie the Oilers want.

Not sure which one I should read...

IgoqSYB.png
Oilers. Always Oilers. Leaf fans for the most part know that they have a shitty team. Oiler fans think Evan Bouchard is better than Makar and im not kidding about that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oddly enough the Oilers should have probably went and got Georgiev. Wasnt there a bunch of rumors that the Oilers were going to trade for him? I remember a bunch of Oiler fans shunning that move ( A bunch of Av fans aswell in regards to getting George) Crazy how things work out. The Avs just keep getting the goalie the Oilers want.
Oh shoot, I totally forgot about our goaler. Yup, that's the guy he should've gone after. Yeah, there were soft rumours about Georgiev, but I guess the price was too high for them because Holland is obsessed with draft picks. I do know that Kuemper was the one they really, really wanted but he would not have made a difference for them IMHO. He was rubbish for us, picture him behind Bouchard and Nurse? Lol

Not sure which one I should read...

IgoqSYB.png
Low-key Rags as well, they've had a bad start to the season.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Oh shoot, I totally forgot about our goaler. Yup, that's the guy he should've gone after. Yeah, there were soft rumours about Georgiev, but I guess the price was too high for them because Holland is obsessed with draft picks. I do know that Kuemper was the one they really, really wanted but he would not have made a difference for them IMHO. He was rubbish for us, picture him behind Bouchard and Nurse? Lol

Low-key Rags as well, they've had a bad start to the season.
We dont need to picture it just look at the defense he has in Washington lol. He would have asked for a trade by now if he was an Oiler. Everytime he sees Nurse he might aswell grab the puck and throw it into his own net haha

Oilers had 4 shots on goal down 2 goals in the third period. 4 shots. That is pitiful

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I might underrate the small market fans. Florida with a legendary chant today and Anaheim just gave Carlsson a crazy loud cheer when he touched the puck for the very first time. I guess the hype around that draft has gotten around...
We dont need to picture it just look at the defense he has in Washington lol. He would have asked for a trade by now if he was an Oiler. Everytime he sees Nurse he might aswell grab the puck and throw it into his own net haha
Yeah, he ain't stop shit on that Caps team this season...

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
He's never been a world-beater, but he's a lot better than this. Edmonton was probably the worst place for him to go, Oilers should've gone after Gibson or Varlamov who are used to putrid team defence. And I don't mean that as a joke, but fitting players with certain teams lol.
The Oilers have had issues defensively for a long time but I also wonder how much of their goalie issues come from their goalie coach not being able to improve them.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
The Oilers have had issues defensively for a long time but I also wonder how much of their goalie issues come from their goalie coach not being able to improve them.
It says a lot about them just how much better their goalies are when they play for other teams. Campbell was a capable starter for the Leafs. Talbot was decent for Calgary and Minny. Dubnyk had a run being excellent for Minny.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Don't worry Stars, you could be down 9-1 to this Ducks team and still figure out a way to get it to a shootout. #Neverfails
People will still disagree with me, but honestly, I think it starts with a cultural identity shift from everyone. McDavid doesn't need to look for breakaways on every single play, he needs to worry about defensive zone assignments. Bouchard doesn't need to think of Patrice Brisbois's breakaway passes, he needs to make sure he's not losing 1v1 battles like that Flyers 1st or 2nd goal of that game today. Nurse doesn't need to worry about where the puck is, he needs to pay attention to the only open guy in front of the net. Draisaitl needs to pay attention less about who he can hurt when he's angry, and grow up with maturity on the ice. That fanbase needs to humble themselves and know that they can easily become the San Jose Sharks in this era instead of the Colorado Avalanche.

The problem is they can go out and get an elite NHL goaler, but already wasted that cap space when Kenny nervously signed Campbell which almost every fan knew wasn't going to work out due to how bad that goaltending market was that year. No one taking that Campbell or Nurse contract now, not even Arizona. It is a bit worse because Draisaitl is a UFA in two years, whereas Bouchard is a RFA in the same length. Both require significant raises which will eat up any loose cap that they will have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad