GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Remember how there was a good portion of fans on here that wanted Babcock as coach when Tippett got canned? Not sure where those guys are now. Bringing that geezer in here would of been disasterous.
Would've definitely not say a good portion. There are always guys pushing for someone that doesn't make sense just for the sake of change. Whether it's coach, gm, players etc..

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Would've definitely not say a good portion. There are always guys pushing for someone that doesn't make sense just for the sake of change. Whether it's coach, gm, players etc..
Good portion might be an over statement. Maybe my memory is hazy but it seemed like too many were comfortable with the idea lol.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

This is after improvements? Yikes.

Hahahaha new millwork and a light on the ceiling!? WOW! I saw a shelf that holds tape - pretty nifty.

With a few more improvements it might get up to the standards of a standard CHL room. That must have cost about $150k at most.

Reactions: bellagiobob

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Hahahaha new millwork and a light on the ceiling!? WOW! I saw a shelf that holds tape - pretty nifty.

With a few more improvements it might get up to the standards of a standard CHL room. That must have cost about $150k at most.

CHL room?

I'm pretty sure the Millwoods rec center has nicer dressing rooms and I think it was built before the saddledome. 😂

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Ma n the Flames are cheap AF. What an embarrassment of a home locker room lol. Even Katz ponied up like 5 million to revamp the Rexall one knowing he would probably get a new building on the way

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ma n the Flames are cheap AF. What an embarrassment of a home locker room lol. Even Katz ponied up like 5 million to revamp the Rexall one knowing he would probably get a new building on the way
This is really what I don't get and I understand it's too late now, but how did they never a decent reno to their locker room years ago.

Heck I beat the look they had 40 years ago probably would be more appealing than what it looks like now.

Could've gotten a high school shop class to do it as a project and do a nicer job while giving back to the community lol

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I'm sure those silver stenciled slogans and red Flames door mats for each stall cost a lot to design and implement.
I think I seen those in the clearance bin at Homesense.

Fur the record, Homesense has a not-bad pet supply section and at decent prices than say a pet store like Petvalu.

Reactions: BlackDogg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Remember when Murray was acquired. The Leaf’s put him through their “best of the best” medical staff, Murray threw subtle shade at the Sens saying he’s finally at a place where they do things properly. Toronto media celebrated that they could rebuild him and celebrated the jab at the Sens.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Tried to get a discussion going regarding this Zadorov interview on the mains, but the thread was instantly deleted (not locked, deleted). I'll say my peace here, I disliked "Big Z", thought he was a head hunter. But slowly I gained a shit load of respect for the guy, despite him being a Flame, heard him in a hot mic moment making sure someone he hit was alright. Saw him on the ice purposely not try to kill guys in vulnerable positions. And now this story comes out where he puts himself on the line as a Russian player with Russian family still in Russia to say he is against the war.

Most interesting tidbit from this interview is that the Russian players in the NHL met to decide how to address the War. They wanted to make a joint statement, but ultimately couldn't decide what statement to make. Bobrovsky initiated the discussions. and the Russian players were split into two camps, those who wanted to release an anti-war statement, and those that wanted to release a "no politics in sports" statement. Ovie lead the no politics in sports camp of course and also Big Z stated they don't agree on their political views. No surprise there. But atleast people can't pretend Ovie is just saying things to protect himself from Putin, nope he supports Putin, there is nothing more to it than that.

Full Interview here:

Sportsnet and HockeyNew summary here:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Tried to get a discussion going regarding this Zadorov interview on the mains, but the thread was instantly deleted (not locked, deleted). I'll say my peace here, I disliked "Big Z", thought he was a head hunter. But slowly I gained a shit load of respect for the guy, despite him being a Flame, heard him in a hot mic moment making sure someone he hit was alright. Saw him on the ice purposely not try to kill guys in vulnerable positions. And now this story comes out where he puts himself on the line as a Russian player with Russian family still in Russia to say he is against the war.

Most interesting tidbit from this interview is that the Russian players in the NHL met to decide how to address the War. They wanted to make a joint statement, but ultimately couldn't decide what statement to make. Bobrovsky initiated the discussions. and the Russian players were split into two camps, those who wanted to release an anti-war statement, and those that wanted to release a "no politics in sports" statement. Ovie lead the no politics in sports camp of course and also Big Z stated they don't agree on their political views. No surprise there. But atleast people can't pretend Ovie is just saying things to protect himself from Putin, nope he supports Putin, there is nothing more to it than that.

Full Interview here:

there was a reason they deleted it.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023

Full Interview here:

I have listened to a lot of Zadorov interviews and he sounds like a very nice guy. I am sure most players are. He was good friends with Yakupov too

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Full Interview here:

Should have had a third category - those who are in love with and worship Putin and everything he does.

I think I seen those in the clearance bin at Homesense.

Fur the record, Homesense has a not-bad pet supply section and at decent prices than say a pet store like Petvalu.
If you're in the Edmonton area, G & E Drugs is reknowned for their pet supplies, both in variety, volume and pricing. Don't be fooled by the name. They're practically a warehouse, and they also have a vet centre.

Reactions: Myride
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad