GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Are there other teams that crank up techno music, etc during practises like Toronto does? I remember their players asking for it as well as a relaxed dress code.'

Kind of the same way they play in crunch time. Relaxed.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Are there other teams that crank up techno music, etc during practises like Toronto does? I remember their players asking for it as well as a relaxed dress code.'

Kind of the same way they play in crunch time. Relaxed.

Laffs have been hyping this guy for 5 years. Still waiting.

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007
I know its only preseason, so nothing matters. But what the heck are the Kings thinking with their goalies? They dont have the stoutness on the back end anymore to handle such sketchy keepers.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Salim Valji cited the new room as a reason the Flames will be good this year on a TSN segment last night.
He is a massive homer

Him, Derek Wills (Who cried over CGY after a playoff series loss against ANA on the radio), and David Amber are massive Flames dong suckers

Tomorrow, leafs, flames, canucks on Sportsnet. No o_Oilers.
That is absolutely pathetic. Canadas top team never shown on TV

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Flames’ defensive zone coverage, according to players, will be very different to last season going from man-on-man to zone coverage.

Looks like they are changing as well

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Oilers want you to buy their new streaming service.
What does that have to do with 3 homers? lol

That is a business move that costs less than one Starbucks a month. If somebody wants to see more behind the scene's stuff, etc, not bad.

Netflix costs $22 a month

I have not subscribed, but was going to today. It's $56 one time yearly payment. They are showing their live scrimmage today for example

Wondering if I can still find a coupon code. Looks like I missed a 50% off one 10 days ago

Last edited:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
What does that have to do with 3 homers? lol

That is a business move that costs less than one Starbucks a month. If somebody wants to see more behind the scene's stuff, etc, not bad.

Netflix costs $22 a month
i was responding to the last line the the post i was quoting, Sorry i should have erased the first part.

I think what is frustrating is that it used to be free online or on Sportsnet so fans didn't have to pay any additional funds to watch meaningless preseason games.

Now we have to pay for Oilers+ to have the same access that we had for free 1 year ago. Its similar to when we started having to pay 5 cents for bags at the grocery store when we used to get them for free. Yes, the cost isn't really prohibitive but it's one more thing we have to pay to consume Oilers hockey.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
i was responding to the last line the the post i was quoting, Sorry i should have erased the first part.

I think what is frustrating is that it used to be free online or on Sportsnet so fans didn't have to pay any additional funds to watch meaningless preseason games.

Now we have to pay for Oilers+ to have the same access that we had for free 1 year ago. Its similar to when we started having to pay 5 cents for bags at the grocery store when we used to get them for free. Yes, the cost isn't really prohibitive but it's one more thing we have to pay to consume Oilers hockey.
So I guess that answers my question, we have to pay for Oilers + to get the game at 4pm tomorrow.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Would you like to buy a bag for that at checkout? I did the one month for $8.99 which I presume should cover the pre-season games. They seem to fondle the rest of the Canadian teams for TV coverage.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Had an awesome experience at the Yotes/Kings game in Melbourne. The view was super obstructed but thats what you get when you put a rink in a tennis stadium. At least 6 of the 8 goals I believe were on our visible side of the ice.

The pace of the game was better than I expected and was special seeing Cooley play his first game in an NHL uniform, especially seeing that goal live. The fight was a bonus.

I went with 3 Aussies and one of them said that it would have been cool to make a bit more of a connection to Australians by maybe having the in house announcer as an Australian, and the fact that they didn't make a point when Jordan Spence assisted on a goal. I doubt most of the crowd even knew there was an Australian playing in the game as there was no cheer when his name got announced.

PXL_20230923_041649809.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230923_030728223~2.jpg
    PXL_20230923_030728223~2.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20230923_033844271.jpg
    PXL_20230923_033844271.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Would you like to buy a bag for that at checkout? I did the one month for $8.99 which I presume should cover the pre-season games. They seem to fondle the rest of the Canadian teams for TV coverage.
I am actually really enjoying Oilers +. Lots of stuff in there that you would never see otherwise. Can keep you pretty busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad