GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Lets look at some of Bissonettes statements: Is this professional:

"Tell Babs to knock off the bullshit. Enough with putting guys on the spot in the coaches' room asking them to link their phones up to airplay mode and grilling them. I’ve had tons of players confirm it. Smarten the f*** up Babs. Shove your statement up his a**."

This kind of statement would even be infracted here. How is anybody defending this guy when all his tweets are unprofessional, aggressive, and bordering on slander?

This is another:

"You want to **** with the players we're going to bend you over no spit, no lube, sandpaper finish.'

Seems like Bissonette needs to smarten up too and as I stated to self regulate somewhat. his comments are highly aggressive and unprofessional.
Just a complete idiot. Bereft of credibility.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
What are NHL REFEREES doing this summer to make sure they are even more incompetent in their duties next season? Seems to be a fair question. Assuming they are taking their subjective pills.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Just a complete idiot. Bereft of credibility.
Its kind of disturbing that this guy emulates what is popular today. Its like he has his whole audience and job just to be purposely offensive and find targets to malign. It seems that his angry missives have an audience of those that want to be angry at something, anything. "Oh look at what Babcock did" easy target.

Reactions: ArthurAnyMoreDonuts

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
I have been bored today and entertained myself reading some Laffs posts and their mental gymnastics

"Thanks for your input, though completely irrelevant to what I was speaking to. No one is comparing Matthews to McDavid in terms of statistical out put, we know this. McDavid and Draisaitl are miles ahead of everyone. We are talking about the narrative of being playoff chokers. McDavid and Draisaitl in my opinion are just as much of playoff chokers as Matthews and Marner. They get a ton more power plays so their numbers are inflated, especially McDavids. His even strength production wasn’t that great this year. To me, if you don’t get it done you don’t get it done. Doesn’t matter if you have 23 points or if you have 11. You still failed at the objective of winning."

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I have been bored today and entertained myself reading some Laffs posts and their mental gymnastics

"Thanks for your input, though completely irrelevant to what I was speaking to. No one is comparing Matthews to McDavid in terms of statistical out put, we know this. McDavid and Draisaitl are miles ahead of everyone. We are talking about the narrative of being playoff chokers. McDavid and Draisaitl in my opinion are just as much of playoff chokers as Matthews and Marner. They get a ton more power plays so their numbers are inflated, especially McDavids. His even strength production wasn’t that great this year. To me, if you don’t get it done you don’t get it done. Doesn’t matter if you have 23 points or if you have 11. You still failed at the objective of winning."

Someone should tell that person that the Oilers had literally 1 second more PP TOI per game than the Leafs last season haha.

Reactions: TB12

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Babcock out. What a numbskull.

Jarmo should probably go, too. I'm not sure why he gets to survive the decision to hire Babcock when he has had 10 years on the job and gotten them no closer to the Cup.

#3 and #4 all-time in playoffs PPG (minimum 50 points)

I'd tell you where Matthews was but he doesn't have 50 points yet lol. :23 seconds more PP time an game for the Oilers in the playoffs btw.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Biz was right. Shame on Cbus and the league for allowing Babs back in the league. Guy learned nothing from his time away.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Crazy

1694984544971.png

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Because Biz is credible?

His account has been refuted, entirely, by the actual leadership of the team, by the player leadership. The guys that are there.

Rule of information usually suggests that primary info is preferential to tertiary info. Firsthand info, in this or most cases would tend to be believed.

Why would anybody take Biz account over Gaudreau and the other players that were there?
Looks like the ‘primary’ information was wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Stoneman89

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Yup, too many people let their dislike for Biz cloud their judgment.

I'll take my lumps on this one. Can't stand Bissonette but still feel this created a poison well situation. Will still stand on my belief that everyone deserves due process and, through that, the facts will always carry the day to appropriate action. Players have significant tools to help them grieve including a real labour heavyweight running their union. This

Hard to believe only ten days ago a high character guy like Hyman was stumping on behalf of Babcock as part of a rehabilitation image campaign.

“‘Obviously, there’s stuff with every coach that might go the wrong way or whatnot or might come off the wrong way, but he cares,’” Werenski says, quoting Hyman. “‘He’s emotional. He’s passionate. He’s going to push you, but he’s very fair and very honest, and you’re going to like playing for him.’” Babcock talks communication as Blue Jackets coach in Part 2 of NHL.com Q&A | NHL.com

Ultimately Babcock though is the maker of his own demise. A high risk, low tolerance hire imploded under its own weight. I like Kekalainen and what the small market Blue Jackets are building. Hope they can now move forward without further distraction.

Summed up well here:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad