Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Jesus what a weak playoff penalty that was.. McDavid gets different treatment

Must be nice to get PP's in the playoffs with calls like that when your PP is so lethal.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Edmonton gets away with 5 cross checks to the back of Theodore and he softly spears the guy, who goes down and dress a penalty

Edmonton scores right away.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So Florida plays us and basically gets away with murder every shift.

Watching the Edmonton / Vegas series and they're getting called for slashes that don't even touch the hands.

How does anyone take this league seriously

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Why is every other series blowout after blowout, back and forth and we are watching the Leafs and Panthers try to squeeze water out of the puck.

Makes me feel like if the Leafs can win, with our ability to play D, they could be the last standing.. if only the Leafs realized this too.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
So Florida plays us and basically gets away with murder every shift.

Watching the Edmonton / Vegas series and they're getting called for slashes that don't even touch the hands.

How does anyone take this league seriously

Refs giving the Oilers the opportunity to dominate this game and they’ve ran with it

Reactions: saffronleaf

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Wow Oilers up 3-0 and another PP.

Oilers feeling it and Knights seem out of it. Knights were gifted a PP 24 seconds into the first and did nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: IPS

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Weird the games this round. Not just blowouts, but flip-flop blowouts:

Carolina/Jersey: 5-1, 6-1, 4-8, 6-1

Dallas/Seattle: 4-5, 4-2, 2-7, 6-3

Edmonton/Vegas: 4-6, 5-1, 1-5, and now 4-0 after two.

And it's not like they have been close games with a couple of EN to pad - a lot of big leads after one period.

By contrast our series has been tight:

Florida/Toronto: 4-2, 3-2, 3-2(OT) 1-2

Reactions: hockeywiz542

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Tyler Yaremchuk: Let’s head over to Pittsburgh. There’s some talk that maybe they will structure this front office in a non-traditional way, and there has been some debate over what they could do. What are you hearing on the Penguins?

Frank Seravalli: I’m told that the Penguins will go with the same exact structure they had previously. That was the debate: do you just go with one overarching person after having both Brian Burke and Ron Hextall as president of hockey ops and general manager? It appears that they’re going to stick with that formula moving forward.

The Penguins will hire a president and a general manager; they’re going to be two separate positions. On top of that, I believe the Penguins, who have been very quiet throughout this process, are nearing the end of their first round of interviews.

I’m going to throw a list of some of the names that have been in the mix. Some of these candidates are for GM, others are for president of hockey operations, so they are speaking to quite a long list of people. Those include: Marc Bergevin, former GM of the Montreal Canadiens, Jason Botterill, current assistant GM for the Seattle Kraken, John Chayka who is also in the Flyers’ search, Mathieu Darche from the Tampa Bay Lightning, and one other name in the mix is Ryan Martin, assistant GM for the New York Rangers.

Those are some of the people I have heard are in the mix. That’s not an exhaustive list by any means, but just gives some insight into what they’re thinking and some of the names that have popped up.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
im not watching the oil knight game just game cast...... wtf is going on there?

anyone got highlights of the incidents nhl highlight vids always cut that stuff out.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeywiz542

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The more you look at the penalties and suspensions this playoffs (and even over thr past few playoffs) the more baffling the suspensions for Kadrix2 and Clifford become. Dont get me wrong, they arent clean but most didnt cause injury or missed games. Most have a comparable to this playoff that went uncalled or not suspended

I do think Buntings high hit causing a concussion is different but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad